1. There are two sides to every story.

Amen to that. And that makes it tough sometimes to give advice. You almost have to read deeper into the post and ask questions to get more of the truth...

It would be way cool if there was a couples advice aspect to this site...where two people post separately about a problem and we all work through it together...

I think sometimes personal bias comes into it, if we see a problem that we've had, we tend to sympathise with the person who's been dumped if we've just been dumped and theing the dumper is a rat/cow/bar steward, etc.

There are 2 sides but we have to advise whoever is asking how to deal with the problem as they see it and try to be as unbiased as we can.

I have learned so much here at ENA!

1. There are two sides to every story.

Amen to that. And that makes it tough sometimes to give advice. You almost have to read deeper into the post and ask questions to get more of the truth...

Yes, you have to almost always ask lots of questions

It would be way cool if there was a couples advice aspect to this site...where two people post separately about a problem and we all work through it together...

A couples-only forum would be a great idea.

Rules: OP by couples only, each providing a separate OP. Other forum rules unchanged.

I think sometimes personal bias comes into it, if we see a problem that we've had, we tend to sympathise with the person who's been dumped if we've just been dumped and theing the dumper is a rat/cow/bar steward, etc.

There are 2 sides but we have to advise whoever is asking how to deal with the problem as they see it and try to be as unbiased as we can.

Bias is a problem at times. For example when infidelity is involved, some come along "them have sinned". Sure them have, and I am here to help to fix it.

Me thinks as log as one goes in positively "how can I help", one can make a meaningful contribution.

... And one should not cry when it does not work out. Does ones best and keeps happy .

From being on here a few days, I have learned that sometimes being a nice guy and doing the right things will not always garauntee that you will have a loving relationship......it takes two to tango.

I have learned that some people just generally dont care about one another's feelings and at times they can be selfish as the devil.

From being on here a few days, I have learned that sometimes being a nice guy and doing the right things will not always garauntee that you will have a loving relationship......it takes two to tango.

I have learned that some people just generally dont care about one another's feelings and at times they can be selfish as the devil.

"Doing the right thing" is difficult as you can only guess what it is. You can be TOO nice. A certain amount of selfishness is OK, as long as the relationship is roughly balanced.

There are no guarantees in relationships. Someone can fall out of love without there being any reasonale or rational explanation. If there was, there wouldn't be the need for sites like this.

Yup, very true!!!!!! Only difference is they don't talk baout it that often nor show it that much.

I don't talk about mine in "real life" much because most people find it boring. If people on here are bored with others' problems, they can just look at the next thread. I find it interesting (addictive, even) and always try to offer some encouragement.