Okay People, I am trying to lose weight and for some reason I cannot stick to a routine. I have given myself a time to lose a certain amount of weight yet I still cannot work out everyday. I dunno why?!!!

Last summer I lost a lot of weight but that was only because I stuck to a daily routine and night work out. I did cardio in the morning, weights, and situps/pushups and pilates. This summer I cannot force myself to do much.

Maybe I need a person to push me? I dunno!?! Any HELP would be greatly appreciated because I am getting hard on myself and I just make myself feel worser instead of better. Which in return doesn't accomplish anything.

Perhaps you are unmotivated because you don't see results right away?

I agree with MissMandaJo. Having someone do it with you always helps. Is there anyone you know who might feel like getting in shape as well?

If you don't know of anyone, then you might just have to push yourself. Maybe join a gym, or a class that will require you to go to it to work out.

Personally I am motivated by knowing how great I always feel AFTER I work out. No matter how crummy I feel..I ALWAYS feel SO much better after working out..especially weight training. It's a GREAT stress reliever...and usually once I stick to something for about a week..I am much more motivated to keep going. Set small goals...ie, you'll work out for ONE week...so on and so forth. Putting so much pressure on yourself is a recipe for failure. Do what you can..and go from there.

What's changed between now and last summer? Why did it work back then and not now?

The type of weight loss program you follow really depends on who you are as a person. Some people go for a reward based program, others just dive in. Your source of motivation is going to be something very personal, so just focus on what you want to achieve and why (health reasons, aesthetics, shopping... whatever it may be). A workout buddy will definitely help you stay on track.

One reason I can think of that you may be discouraged from doing it this year is that you did it last year, and yet here you are in the same position. Being in a cycle is no fun and is very discouraging. Once you're committed to your routine, make a promise to yourself that you'll keep it up throughout the entire year for permanent results. Don't just limit it to a summer thing! Keeping it up throughout the entire year will keep you motivated because you'll see the results, feel great and reap the benefits of weight loss constantly (increased energy, better mood, better self esteem, etc.).

Maybe the fact that you haven't really started yet is blocking you from really starting. If you haven't stuck to it yet, there's always going to be "later" to start it. It's like you say, "Okay, this is my last chocolate bar. My diet starts after this." But then you say the same thing the next day because you haven't really gotten into it yet, and then you just keep postponing your launch date. So start right now! Once you keep up with it, it'll just become a habit and you won't even think about it. And it's much harder to break a 7 day streak than it is to break a 1 day streak.

So start this minute! Start tonight at the very latest! Get some music on and start your cardio workouts and then pat yourself on the back! And get a friend to join you so that you can make it into a social activity and make it even funner!

Dear Anonymous_presense,

I agree that one thing is stopping me to work out is that I am back into the same cycle again and it is kind of discouraging. Whenever I do start I always think about the results and how they wont show. My clothes I bought last year are tight which makes my self esteem even lower. I got out of a bad relationship and I am just trying to move past everything into a happier mood. I thought maybe losing a few pounds and toning up would do me some good.

But coming here and knowing I have support helps me feel less bad about myself. Lady bug is right after doing the workouts I feel a lot less stressed and angry at myself for not doing the job.