I've been doing very good on the NC with my ex. 5 weeks now. But now thoughts are starting to creep into my head. we first met 1 year ago last week and now this week is where we shared our first kiss last year..its weird its like there a smell in the air thats bringing me back to every moment we shared during our initial meetings. I look outside and almost feel im back in 2005 like she's just going to be calling sometime. Its just slowly eating at me. I had the same dream I had when we first broke up. almost completely the same. she comes crying to me and wants me back but somethings moving me away and I cant close the gap. I just guess this last couple of days kinda shook my confidence. I know that dream did.

I feel the same way about summer, however for me, it's anything negative in the previous summer makes me feel like it's still here.

Summer is just very particular that way, but I can tell you, you'll just need some getting used to it because it's still a new summer. Focus on making it different and trying to be rid of the associations of last summer.

And yes, dreams can do that to you-- depending on what they are you could feel effected from one whole day, to maybe even a couple of days.

But it will all pass as the summer progresses, and you'll get yourself back on track to moving on.

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I run on cyclical time, not mechanical time, so every summer is sort of the same for me! I was just sitting in my room maying on the floor and the song that I first kissed my ex to came on. Hahaha, that was a bittersweet trip down memory lane. I think my upcoming birthday will be an even bigger kicker, though. Ah. To the future!