Hey guys I need some advice and/or analysis on my situation.

For Prom this year, I wanted to ask this cute girl that I had a class with last year. She found out that I liked her through one of my friends, who later said that she said she liked me and she wanted me to ask her. Yes, I will ask her, but I'd like to show some interest in her besides wanting to go with her to prom. I spent too much time thinking of a way to do it that someone else asked. I asked anyway, with roses and jumping out of nowhere, and she said yes and that she'll find someone else to go with her date. Unfortunately her date complained about his new date and went with her, leaving me dateless.

I could care less about not going to prom; I just wanted to get to know her. And I did. Phone calls everyday, more encounters at school, few dates. Everything was good. I made a few trip-ups here and there, like taking a while to finally kiss her, and inviting her to the beach when we weren't close enough to spend intimate time with one another (sooo awkward). I thought everything's good until now.

It feels like she's losing interest. When we ate out, I was conversing with myself. When I kissed her, she would pull back a little. On the phone, I would be talking about random stuff and get a response a minute too late. Of course, I rationalized...she's not a talker...my lips were quite dry today...the phone is delaying my voice? But no...she's a party animal and must be sociable...she didn't pull back before...she even brought subjects up...Yes, she puts "I

She gives out very strong signals.

Think positive and do not over analize.

When you feel awkward, she feels that and feels awkward. Awkward*awkward get's you what?

When you talk random stuff you get random responses. Wanna be a random number generator? Computers are better at that.

You want her then open up to her!

And do not drive her too much about kissing and sex. This is too early! You ought to open feelings for each other first. Otherwhise she will worry whether you are sincere and possibly turn off.

Just be yourself and no more empty crap talking like some player.

I usually make fun of the distance.

One gf I said, "What is there like an invisible barrier or something?" then of course I played bouncing off of it, "I guess there is!"

Sometimes the awkwardness is made by you, she may be testing you.

Ask Miss M though, I tend to just reel people in with my long arms as she puts it.

What exactly should I open up to her? I made a mistake earlier of talking about some of our childhood on the phone, so that's out of the question. I try to talk to her about her family and future plans but I get quick, unexpandable answers.

OK, lets say I have your attention now as you want an answer on the above:

I start babbling: My childhood was very sweet. I enjoyed to take old cars apart...

What do you think of someone babbling OT?

You shy, she shy/waits for you, she gets impatient.

Call her invite her out

1) Look into her eyes, tell her what you feel for her, what you like about her.

or if you don't know how to talk to her.

2) Look into her eyes, "I like you and I do not know how to talk about my feelings"

P.S. Do not talk about love easily.

hate to be the bearer of bad news,

but I think your fear of her having recently lost interest is well founded.

the changes in her behavior and reactions towards you seem almost overt, maybe she's trying to tell you without using actual words(frustrating, erghh.. I know), that she would like out of the relationship,

I would confront her if I were you

I think she is interested, if you feel like she is distancing herself, she is either wanting you to close the gap, or she is concerned that maybe you might be taking this too seiously.

I think you just need to remember that you should be having fun. Joke with her, have fun with her, take everything more lightly.

The biggest regret you could have is if you take all of this too seriously and and it doesn't work out, then all you have is memories of stressing out over her. But if you take it lightly and have fun with her you won't be as distraught if it doesn't work out AND you and SHE will have memories of having a great time together.

Leave her with great memories and even if it doesn't work out now, it might sometime later.