Job Interview tomorrow... any miracle advice?

I interview lots of people and I always like it if I ask if the job applicant if they have any questions, and they actually have a question to ask!

To me, it shows that they are really interested in finding a job that is a good fit for them, and have thought about it ahead of time.

You can ask how the interviewer would describe the work atmosphere, what kind of initial training you would receive, if there is possibility of advancement, etc.

As for what to bring to the interview, I would bring a copy of your cover letter, and a copy of your resume. Don't staple anything together.

Good luck!

Hi Jenny, thanks so much for your tips/advice for my final interview!

Would you consider it a bad thing to not include a cover letter? I was all set to, but waited until now to revise everything and realized I'll have to rewrite the entire letter (I had it from a previous application for something entirely different). I fixed up my resume so that's all set.

It's not that I wouldn't write a new cover letter, but I have to get up early for the interview and now at this point I've only got time to do a little more research for interviews... I wish I checked this sooner so I could have had it all set =\

And it's for a teller position and I don't know what else I'd say that wasn't said in brief on the top of my resume. I don't know if that helps it's absense, haha.

I got the job!!!! I was called back today, just as the hiring manager said. It was getting late, so I was a little worried. I already had an interview before with other staffing managers in a different location (it was when they have a bunch of people show up and interview each), so I think that's why I've heard back so soon.

Yay!!!

I got the job!!!! I was called back today, just as the hiring manager said. It was getting late, so I was a little worried. I already had an interview before with other staffing managers in a different location (it was when they have a bunch of people show up and interview each), so I think that's why I've heard back so soon.

Yay!!!

i so knew it... i've been waiting for that post!!! ^_^

yay, thanks!

It feels so good to have this job~ I start next week!

I figure since this is completely along the lines of a job, I'm nervous about this: It's summer, and I have a summer vacation I'm planning in August. I'd need 3 days off from there, depending on if I'd be scheduled for all 3 of those or not. It's not a family vacation, so I don't know if that makes it less "necessary," but the tickets are being ordered tomorrow (for the price and reserve a place and all that)

Banks know people take summer vacations... right? I figure I'll let them know a month in advance, because I'd be there a month already as well... I'm really concerned. I've asked only my mother about it and she had a negative response about getting days off =\ So now I have no idea.

congrats! as far as the days off go just ask what the process is and let them know you have a vacation planned. do it as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. I request my vacation off 2 months in advance. The sooner they know... the better chance you have at getting it off.

Yeah, I would let them know in the first few weeks you are there about your vacation. Don't feel obligated to mention whether or not it' a family vacation- just casually say something to a co-worker like "I will need a couple of days off in August for my vacation, and I wanted to give as much advance notice as possible. Who should I let know?"

Some places will have a certain person who coordinates vacation time/schedules- or a big calendar that everyone writes their days on.

Don't worry- it is perfectly normal and acceptable for you to take a few pre-planned days off towards the end of the summer!

Well that sounds good then! At my last job I started after my summer vacation so I don't have anything to go by.

It just makes me feel so uncomfortable because about 2 weeks after the vacation, my semester starts. Which hasn't been discussed, but is on my resume that I graduate in 2007 so I figure they must know.

But I will do that then, within the first few weeks I'll let them know.

Thanks for the advice! I really want to make a good impression... I don't want them thinking "oooh the new girl! Whyyy did we hire her?" haha.