demographics

Interesting question.

I suppose as a general user of the forum, if you wanted to spend an eternity doing manual tabulations.

But gender is not a required field to fill out- so there are many users that don't specify male or female- so you'll never have a truly accurate count.

Maybe the admins will have more info on this for you.

BellaDonna

Well, taking the warning about generalisations, I'd still speculate that girls feel the need to talk about feelings more than blokes but then I'm a (straight) bloke and I need to talk about feelings, too. I also think I'm much older than most of the people on this board, being 51. I've been through all the dating stuff twice as I did it in my teens/early 20s and again in my early 30s when I got divorced.

Trouble is, you get new problems as you get older. Scariest thing I've got to face is my parents and in-laws dying.

Momene,

Haw haw haw, this generalisation this is goig to haunt me right ? and you are notgoing to let me forget it huh?

but seriously, i am interested in the statistics when it comes to men coming on this board a expressing themselves about their relationship breakups.

Reason being, does being anonymous increase the likely hood of men expressing themselves more, or is it a fact that the male gender doesnt express themselves as much as the female gender?

Momene,

Haw haw haw, this generalisation this is goig to haunt me right ? and you are notgoing to let me forget it huh?

but seriously, i am interested in the statistics when it comes to men coming on this board a expressing themselves about their relationship breakups.

Reason being, does being anonymous increase the likely hood of men expressing themselves more, or is it a fact that the male gender doesnt express themselves as much as the female gender?

As a generalisation, you're right but there are men like me who do like to discuss feelings but in "real life" prefer to do so with female friends rather than male ones. Many perceptive people have pointed out that I have a strong feminine side for a man, yet despite this I am heterosexual and not bi.

same same. Momene . same same

But i find it intersting that men will actually sit down in this forum the LISTEN and answer anther mens problem. I real life .. mean out there in the real world.. we would just run away.. HAHAHA