A gay man question???

As a guy who's enjoyed good times with lesbian friends, the lack of tension, the honesty and shared appreciation of the opposite sex, and good cigars are a start. Some straight women just like gay men because they have fun with them, and aren't afraid of being tagged a fruitfly.

I have two straight girlfriends.

I have no problem hanging around straight guys, but it does become a bit intimidating...especially when they don't know you're gay. Because the inevitable, "What hot woman would you do" conversation is bound to catch fire. Suddenly, you're just sitting there, totally out of place, and then you say something like, "Yeah, I would totally have it off with...(insert female celeb's name here)"

Basically, from my experience, I can't be totally close to straight men unless they are willing to accept my sexuality and that I am not trying to hook up with them...

But with women I feel more at ease because there is no pretense. Most of my straight girlfriends like being around gay men because they know we aren't trying to hook up, and thus there is nothing standing inbetween an emotional connection.

Grant it, I let it be known upfront that I: don't like to shop, don't do hair, don't coordinate fashion and etc...I'm just a regular guy that happens to like guys. As long as my female friends accept that then we get on great.

But yeah, as far as friendship goes I find it easier being friends with straight woman...as opposed to men in general. Straight guys you get worried about their reaction, and gay guys there is always that possibility of wanting to sleep with them(the samething can happen with a straight man, which sucks).

I never really understood women, and I think they never really understood me. I get along fine with women but I think in some cases my lack of interest gets mistaken for rudeness and in yet other cases it just turns them on! I get very intense about subjects I like, such as motorbikes, mountaineering, racing, politics, gym - lots of guy stuff. I have met a few girls who like to talk about this kind of thing but in general they just seem to assume I am straight.

On the converse, I have little problem relating to straight guys. I also have no problem being identified as gay around them, in fact, it becomes something we joke around about. Funny enough, last night me and some friends watched a gay movie (complete with raunchy sex scenes). I actually felt slightly uncomfortable as all bar three of the audience were straight! Including some straight women.

I'm getting a little OT here, so in answer to the original question, I find straight women who would rather be around gay men fine - but I tend to end up giving them relationship advice as I find the reason straight women want to be around gay men is because they are having some kind of man crisis. For example, out on the town the other night me and a rather camp friend were befriended by some drunk, attractive, young women. One of the girls simply couldn't stay away from us when she found out we were gay. She kept complaining there were no "nice straight men" in our city.

I quizzed her about what she *really* wanted, and lets face it - she didn't want a nice guy she wanted a bad guy who would be good when she wanted!

Being a Dear abby to straight women / girls really isnt that bad. But when its a constant "omg what do i do... or I just dont understand him" kinda thing every time you turn around it does get annoying. But with my friends it dosent matter as long as i can help with what advice i can give.

Oh man!! I'm feeling your post 100%! I feel the exact same way! Personally I find being around most straight guys annoying. No offense, but I always have to put on this show around most of them. Like Foxlocke mentioned.. they're always asking you about what female you think is hot!I have male friends right now that call me & talk to me about women.You would think that by now that they would catch on since it never seems that I talk about women & I don't have a girlfriend. That's all that comes out of their mouths most of the time & when some of them call.. I just sigh & go, here we go! I just listen to them talk on & on about females & it's very tedious & boring. Then I have to sound interested & make up stupid stories about my encounters with women you have to put on this macho attitude because if you don't, they'll probably put two & two together about you.

I too find it easier being friend's with straight women. I just seem to vibe with them more than most straight guys.I can actually be a whole lot more comfortable with them.They just seem to talk about more & I can actually carry conversations with them.Also like it was mentioned with straight women talking to gay men, they never have to worry about the guy hitting on them.

I have maybe 4 women friends that are straight, and I love them, but they don't understand me. The rest of my women friends are lesbians, and by far most of my friends are guys, 50/50 straight/gay, and I'm out to all of them. When my straight guy friends start talking about what hot girl they would do, I usually interject my "Colin Farrell" comment... mmmm.....

I find it difficult to relate to straight women, because the only thing I have in common with them is an attraction to men.