massive age difference

I do love her, and i mean more than i have ever loved anyone. its been over a number of mths not 10 mins, but it all comes back for me anyway her age, i can say if i was made aware of her age before we got involed i would not have evan looked twice ,,,,,,, But i cant change the fact that i did fall inlove with her, the thing iam looking for is do you all think its a little odd the age, i dont want ppl saying things behind my back (ie pervert) all that stuff

daveUK,

In the end you must follow your own heart and mind on this.

If this is what you want, and you think it can work, go for it and Forget What Others Say (behind your back and to your face).

Of course some people are going to think you are a pervert.

People love to talk, gossip, judge.

You could choose to date a woman your own age and still get pervert comments. There is always something to pick at.

Do you think of yourself as a pervert?

daveUK,

In the end you must follow your own heart and mind on this.

If this is what you want, and you think it can work, go for it and Forget What Others Say (behind your back and to your face).

Of course some people are going to think you are a pervert.

People love to talk, gossip, judge.

You could choose to date a woman your own age and still get pervert comments. There is always something to pick at.

Do you think of yourself as a pervert?

That's true. People will always find something wrong.

Dave, you're definitely not a pervert. If you were 30 and she was 12, there would be a problem. In your country, you're both legal and able to make up your own minds about things. In the end, 12 years is not a huge problem. Hey, look at Anna Nicole Smith. That guy was old enough to be her great grandfather, but she followed her heart (or her greed, who knows?)

Do what makes YOU happy, not what makes others comfortable.

I dont feal a pervert,Just wanted to ask the Question to ppl that are not going to tell me what i want to hear,as i think my frends would do not matter what they thought.They all say we look good together,anyway think we can put a close on this.i will carry on and see were it goes.i will prob get hurt along the way,But i have to try. Thank you all very much.

Besides the fact of legality, which is important, I don't see an issue. If you were cool with her being 18, then 17 does not really make a difference. I would recommend not having sex until she is of age. Even if you had in the past, you did not do it knowingly, which may not hold water in court anyway. But, now that you know, you should do the right thing. I really don't see anything wrong with the situation, if you were cool with her being 18. I usually draw my limits to women that are not that young, but maybe you are meant to be. I say go for it, but also be careful. It would suck to end up in jail.

Besides the fact of legality, which is important, I don't see an issue. If you were cool with her being 18, then 17 does not really make a difference. I would recommend not having sex until she is of age. Even if you had in the past, you did not do it knowingly, which may not hold water in court anyway. But, now that you know, you should do the right thing. I really don't see anything wrong with the situation, if you were cool with her being 18. I usually draw my limits to women that are not that young, but maybe you are meant to be. I say go for it, but also be careful. It would suck to end up in jail.

He lives in the UK, and she's already of legal age so I don't think that would be a problem.

Hello,

Erm, Okay well I aren't sure my opinions will be welcomed or not on this topic because I am a 17 year old female.

I don't have a problem with age gap relationships what so ever, but saying that I have read a fair few posts about age gaps and I have learnt that sometimes it can be an issue.

I agree with the poster who said you have to follow your heart and mind on this.

I guess if your willing to accept the comments and opinions from people around you and you feel this girl would be able to commit to the relationship then you should see how it goes. I hope things work out for you

Good luck,

Miya xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...