Hi i've been broken up for 4 months mainly NC, I've been healing alot and its been really hard I feel lots better. Anyways my ex invited me for a meal to 'catch up' I said I need to think about if I want to do this as I dont want to go back to square one I'm not 100% over her, nowhere near in fact. What do you think I should do? I think she finds it hard that I cannot be friends with her but I've said as long as we both dont feel the same then someones always gonna get hurt. I really miss her

one of my exes called me about a year or so after i left him, he wanted to have lunch. it was no problem for me as i didn't have any feelings for him at all, and i think he had (finally) come to realize that there was absolutely no chance whatsoever i'd go back to him. so we did a lunch, he told me about his life and career, and we both continued to move on. in that case, i guess it was good, since we left things friendly, and if we have mutual friends or run into eachother it's not too awkward. i think he just wanted me to know he was still alive and his career was going well. i was a little sad for him, but i did hope things looked up for him.

In your case you do not sound to be completely over the person (at all). what will you do if she suggests she wants to date again? is that even a good idea? what if she is just trying to get some sort of 'closure' and plans to put you behind her? maybe you should telephone her and ask first, so you don't feel blindsided by whatever happens.

good luck!

It really depends... 4 months... you just never know. Maybe she regrets what she did or maybe she truly wants to just be a friend and catch up. You obviously arnt over her so I think it boils down to how you guys ended up breaking it off. Was it bad, mutual, she cheated, etc...? You might feel one way and she might feel another, so if your willing to risk going back to day one of the break up, than I say go for it.