what do I do in the summer to keep my head up?

Does anyone else feel this way:

school is about to end and I find myself looking into summer with boredom. I feel like my chances of meeting a girl are down in the summer because it is so boring, and all there is to do is work a little.

I also feel down because I'm about to end my 4 year journey at my local city college and finally transfer to a bigger state university in the fall. I feel bummed because I feel like I've had a great time all four years at a simple city college! I have worked at the college almost my entire time there and I feel so bonded to my job and the people that I work with.

I feel so incomplete leaving school because I never got to meet that special girl. I tried to meet women, but fell short each time. And now school is about to end in a month and I won't be able to see the beautiful college I go to and the gorgeous women there anymore.

Does anyone else feel this way? What are you guys doing for summer to cope with these feelings? I feel like something is missing.

How do I cope with not having found a girl and there not being prospects over the summer? Well, I suppose I do my best to keep my mind off it by working. I also realize that I've come a long way this year and will continue to learn skills and what not and that eventually, I'll meet a girl and things will fall into place. It sucks that these things come so easy for other guys but whatever...I know people think I'm a decent guy and that I have a bunch of female friends and right now, while not ideal, it suffices.

Girls are not the answer to your problems.

A little self discovery is. Look on it as The Summer I Figured Out What I'm Like? Do stuff purely for you, try a new activity.....Keep in touch with the people you've bonded to; go out, have fun (increases chances of meeting women as well). You are transferring to a bigger Uni...think of all those new people..including new girls!

Girls are not the answer to your problems.

A little self discovery is. Look on it as The Summer I Figured Out What I'm Like? Do stuff purely for you, try a new activity.....Keep in touch with the people you've bonded to; go out, have fun (increases chances of meeting women as well). You are transferring to a bigger Uni...think of all those new people..including new girls!

haha I am excited about having a chance to meet even more girls next fall, but the summer is so BORING!

Last summer I was so bored I didn't get a lot of done. I did temp jobs and that was also boring too. I felt lifeless man! When school started I was so excited!!!!!!! and now it's about to end...

I was hoping that I could visit other towns around the states, but I don't have enough money. What do you guys think?

School was such a social environment with meeting new people and such, but it seems as if this Spring Break I'm on is an accurate preview of what summer is going to be like: boring. I hope that's not true though. Sure I went out with friends, but I just don't think the opportunities are the same since schools are, after all, full of young and different people.

I feel so incomplete leaving school because I never got to meet that special girl. I tried to meet women, but fell short each time. And now school is about to end in a month and I won't be able to see the beautiful college I go to and the gorgeous women there anymore.

I can also relate to that. Tried to do the same, with no success. I feel that this year I got rid of some of my shyness and made some good steps, but what good is that if you can’t apply it much over the summer?

For some reason I haven't thought about the boredom of summer at all before yesterday, but yesterday it hit me pretty hard.

For some reason I haven't thought about the boredom of summer at all before yesterday, but yesterday it hit me pretty hard.

exactly what happened to me. I was in my piano class practicing and just stopped playing for a moment, and it kicked in that summer was right around the corner, and thoughts of last years boredom festival sprang to mind.

How do you people meet new women over the summer?

*sigh*

School is not for meeting people; it's not a dating service. An education, first and foremost must be your priority; not meeting women. I can comfortably say this because I was the same as you are.

I used to constantly think school was a great place to meet girls... until I found out that it wasn't. I agree with the others... find yourself first, then you'll be more prepared if or when the time comes to be with a female.

However, I repeat: School is not for meeting people.

*sigh*

School is not for meeting people; it's not a dating service. An education, first and foremost must be your priority; not meeting women. I can comfortably say this because I was the same as you are.

I used to constantly think school was a great place to meet girls... until I found out that it wasn't. I agree with the others... find yourself first, then you'll be more prepared if or when the time comes to be with a female.

I understand that. But I get good grades, so in my opinion there is nothing wrong with meeting new people also. Why not have a great education and meet new people too?

I would definitely agree with you if, say, the student is all after meeting new people and grades are in the dump, but that isn't the case here.

Girls would probably lower your grades. I'm serious.

You'd get distracted.

That is a good point you have.

But honestly as long as you keep your head straight, know what to expect, and know how to be safe, there is no reason why this would hurt. I actually know of stories where having a girlfriend inspired someone to do better in school.

*sigh*

if that was the case, then the majority of my friends would not exist in my life.

I along with Bluewolf get good grades too. I just want something more, good grades means almost means nothing to me, just a bunch of letters. The enjoyment of earning good grades just doesn't last for me. It's like, "cool I have a high GPA..." I don't have a total excitement for having a high gpa. I enjoy the learning atmosphere, but I mostly enjoy the company of people around me and the social interactions I have. It just feels great to be around people my age in a classroom and be able to chat with them while learning at the same time.

During the summer I always feel empty inside. Whenever I see a girl that atracts my attention in the summer, it sparks something inside me, but what sucks is that I don't see that many women around in the summer. Then when school starts, there is a whole load of women everywhere, and I just feel so comforted knowing that my chances have greatly increased of meeting some of them.

I mean whenever loves strikes it will strike, regardless of whether its during school or not, I can't deny that. I just have this emptiness inside me when I think about summer. I want to get busy, not just by working, but doing other things that might as well help me to meet women along the way.

Most summer session classes only offer lower division credit.

I would apply for a job at the local movie theatre. In my town thats where lots of college kids work.

lol no way not for minimum wage! that would probably be one of my last resorts. Plus it seems to involve more HS students than college.