HELP ME! My friend is all dark SHE NEEDS HELP!

I have a really good friend. She's one of my closest best friends. She tells me eerything. But...what she tells me is all about drugs...and alchol...and the devil...and CONSTANT swearing...and her wrists. Her wrists make me wanna throw up. I can't stand it! I want her to get some help. Help that I can't give her. I just don't know how...or who to ask. I'm thinking of going to talk to a teacher at school tomorow morning. But I don't know exactly what to say. And I know that telling her parents won't help. BUT, she trusts me with her life...so telling people about her problem...is that breaking trust...or is it helping? What should I do?!?! She needs help but who?!?! and how?!?!

Talk to the school counsellor first. They will probably keep your conversation confidential, and have more training in this type of thing. A teacher would mean well, but would probably call the parents or someone else. As her friend, make sure to stay there for her in case she needs to talk, or anything else.

As I've told my best friend "I can protect you from anything in the world, except yourself"

telling someone else will sacrifice your friendship, and she may never recognize the good you did. Even if you do tell someone, there's a good chance they won't take you seriously. it is a losing battle, but that doesnt mean you shouldn't fight it.

I however agree with Jorus, if you talk to someone, make it a counsellor.

it sounds to me like she is in pain and has a hard time expressing herself. If you talk with her you could say you are willing to listen IF she talks about what is really bothering her at the heart. Then act as a counselor, she is separate from you; and she can talk but it needs to make sense. Some people like to make up fantastic stories, because it makes them feel strong and powerful, or relieves them from the horror of real life. Inside she is scared and weak, so unless she is willing to talk with you about that; suggest a counselor, or teacher. Tell her you care about her, and her feelings; but that you can't help her with an addiction or a devil. What do you get out of this friendship? perhaps telling a teacher and risking the loss of her friendship isn't a bad idea either. You don't have to give details, just say this person is in pain and you can't help.

i wouldnt talk to a teacher about it, this is wayy to personal to

involve anyone at school about this. Id first and foremost

talk to her, let her know exactly how much she means to you

and tell her how much its bothering you to see her tear herself

down...

go out and do something...play a sport, join a club...join some friends and go out to eat, do something!! She is depressed and depressed people

can be very hard to break, but once you break her ( meaning it in a good way) she might calm down on cutting and all sourts of swearing...

You can help her, you may be one person, but she needs help and im

sure if you stick by her side she will take in what you are saying to her.

I agree with emotional please dont talk to teachers or people at school because they may call your friends home and if they do that it could push your friend further away! You do have to talk to someone about this though. Does she have any friends that are older and dont go to school? A councillor is always the best bet but i know sometimes its easier to take things from someone older then you and someone who has had more expeirence then your best friend. I wish you both the best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

have you ever heard of al-anon or al-ateen?

it's a 12 step program for friends and family of alcoholics. it might be helpful to talk about it with people who are going through the same thing.

you could look up a meeting online or in the phone book.