do i wish her son a happy birthday

my ex has moved on...has a new lover after 6 weeks breakup although 2 weeks before she was texting me accusing me of having a new lover and a booty call and calling me w-h-o-r-e.

after this past weekend i gave up on her. she didnt love me. but i do love her son. he called me "daddy" we had been together almost a year.

part of me wants to send a text saying to wish him a happy birthday or send him a card.

what should i do? just forget it? i love her child.

forget it. i'm sorry, but i think having further contact with any aspect of her life will hurt you more.

other members here have been in a similar situation, where they have sent the children of their exes birthday gifts, etc. most of the time, the ex is very ungreatful and untouched. some even wanted to return the gifts!!!

I would speak to her and let her know that you understand that the realtionship is over but that you felt that you played an important role in her childs life and that you have a relationship with him totally separate from the both of you and that you would really like to keep in contact with him and maintain a realtionship with him ask her who she feels about it. But you really have to mean it it's not a good idea to use the child in anyway like you come to pick him up and you bring up something relating to you and her dont as tempting as it may be theres always a time for everything. When a parent or step parent leaves a child it is devastating for the child and I think you are a great responsible man to want to be in his life still so good luck to you and god bless you

Thta's a touchy subject and one that needs to be discussed with your ex. While the relationship is between you and her sone, you really need to have that mutual understanding between yourself and your ex. If you don't, then you really shouldn't pursue it.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I send emails and gifts to my ex's child. But, we had discussed that shortly after our breakup.