• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my opinion on hickeys is this: the giver puts a brand on his/her 'property', and the wearer gets to show off the fact that that he/she has someone who is willing to suck blood cells through his/her skin. this may explain why you mostly find them on kids and the esoterically-challenged.

If your girlfriend wants a hickie, make sure you get her near or preferably below the collarbone or her inner thigh. No one wants a hickie after realizing the consequences (embarrassment, shame, trouble with parents, etc.). I was makin out with my girl and moved down her neck licking her. She moaned, so I took it up a notch by sucking. I was so caught up in the heat of the moment and her harmonious moans that I sucked even harder and ended up being angry at myself when she looked in the mirror with a look of confusion/panic.

shy guy,

heres how to give one...

How Do You Give a Hickey?

What you do is put your mouth against the side of their neck, in a kissing shape. You leave your mouth slightly open in the middle, like you're saying the letter "O". Now you suck in! You suck the skin into your mouth, in essense hurting it, and causing the blood vessels to break. This turns that circular area bright red. It doesn't take long, maybe 30 seconds.

If you really aren't good at suction, you can nibble with your teeth. But that is really a last resort, because now you're not giving them a hickey. Now you're just gnawing their skin to make it red. Yes, giving a hickey hurts the person you're doing it to. You're breaking their blood vessels! But to some, a hickey is a temporary mark of love. Sort of like a red tattoo that fades naturally after a few days. It says "This girl (or guy) trusted me enough to let me damage their throat, one of the most sensitive parts of the human body".

Suck on her neck, but not aggresively. Use your tongue. Also, since of course your tongue is gonna leave a little saliva on her neck, breathing and blowing on it feels great. It feels cold and it gives you shivers. And just plain kissing is good... under the ear, the side of her neck.

Personally speaking I don't like hickies, nor the concept of them. It kinda grosses me out lol, thinking about popped blood vessels. Plus it hurts me!

My girlfriend is the same - Not that I have ever wanted to give her one, but she told me from previous relationships etc.

The only time she gave me one was verrrrry embarrasing.. I had to go to a family get together of hers the next day and she nearly told me i just couldn't go because we couldn't put enough make up on it to get rid of it.

Just be careful where you give it to her... somewhere she can cover it is good.

• 2 years later...