If I never know what its like...

Today, like any other… I zombied through a routine I created but have yet to duplicate. I stumbled into and out of the shower and found myself damp in the interim. I purposefully left my eggs under falling garlic and stripped my banana naked before reducing it to a palatable sludge. Cow lactation washed my magnesium and B-Complex down, and the aforementioned garlic and tree fruit enjoyed the white company.

After sucking the cold end of a burning pipe for a moment, I masked my nudity with button down cloth.

Today, like any other… I key-started my chariot and maneuvered it through a simple maze of lights, flat rock, and easily violated boundary lines. A satellite fed me quips, soliloquies, and melodies to keep my mind from getting too involved in what should be a mindless procedure.

Today, like any other… I can feel free will even in a fated existence. I felt it when I saw a lonely paperclip in the hallway of the office and the seemingly soulless paperclip somehow willed itself back to its kind (in a cup on my side desk).

And then it happened.

Now, unlike today… I felt comfortable in my decision to let the world run its course. I exercised my free will and chose to give fate the wheel.

Now, unlike today… I detached myself from my fellow man and left myself at the mercy of their desires. I am the master who has chosen servitude.

Now, unlike today… I no longer ask myself what I would do today if I were to die tomorrow. Now, I convince myself I died yesterday, and today is but a consequence. And this enigmatic machine has somehow liberated me from its crushing judgment.