I feel like guys misunderstand me

It might be useful if you looked at what I actually said about being arrogant.

In a subsequent post to your first post, you said:

I don't expect guys to be mind readers--Just that they wouldn't crumble at the slightest sign of repercussion. It bothers me that they act passive-aggressive

To which I responded:

Why should you expect anyone to put up with 'repercussion' - not to attack you but that seems to me to be very arrogant. No one has a right to expect anyone to put up with bad behaviour no matter how attractive they perceive themselves. Maybe you are not aware that inflicting 'repercussions' on people is more likely to make you less attractive than the other way around.

What seemed to me to be arrogant was that by using the word 'repercussions' you felt you had a right to inflict them on people. And then you said you regretted using the word. If that is not what you meant, and you don't think you have the right to inflict repercussions, then the word 'arrogant' does not apply.

Nothing has changed my opinion that telling people how you feel in words is a much better plan that expecting them to pick up on your mood for the reasons previously explained.

I think you are becoming very self-aware and thoughtful about how you interact with people and that seems to me to be a very mature approach.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I used the word repercussion, I used it to describe behaviour that was non-receiving of flirting or non-reciprocating of flirting. In my case, my infliction of repercussion(s), the result of an action (his flirtiness), was like I said acting quiet or aloof--not reciprocating the flirtiness.

I then regretted using the word repercussion, because I thought you took repercussions as meaning bad behaviour, and you saw this behaviour as arrogant. I corrected myself with what I meant with "repercussions", but it seemed like you still associated quiet with bad behaviour--being moody.

Well, I read it that the repercussion was the fact she was moody in the first place.

So, since I had misread your initial post, I thought you were still referring to my behaviour in the situation as arrogant. I apologize for the misread.