Here is my current problem. I broke up with my girlfriend (now ex,) about two weeks ago. Iam still having troubles getting over her. I care about her so much and i feel i have been betrayed. I would do anything for this girl. We were going out for around eight months, which in during that time i had the best girlfriend ever in my life. We never fought and we got along great. We are both on summer vacation right now from the same college. She couldn't stand the long distance part of our relationship anymore. So with five weeks left before we get to see each other every day she breaks up with me. We ended our relationship on a good note, no fight or anything, just the fact that she couldn't handle not seeing me anymore so she decided to break it off. She is comeing to visit a family member of hers which lives in my town in a couple of weeks. she asked if i wanted to get together and hang out during that time. We e-mail each other at least every other day which is fine with me but it is hard reading her letters because she tells me how awesome her summer is going and she is telling me she is partying every other day almost and telling me all these great things she is doing. It is extremely hard for me to read these e-mail because i feel she doesn't care for me anymore and could really care less if we talked. But anyways she is coming up in a couple of weekends and i was wondering if i should do something with her or just wait until school is back in session and see her then. I know it would be really hard for me to see her after our break right now because all i want in life is to be back with her. Should i see her now or wait? Comment much appreciated. Thanks for listening.

I understand how you feel this is my advice take it for what it is worth.

I say cut ties with her. She is trying to tell you that she is moving on, yet she continually emails you and wants to see you when she comes back into town? Well that means 2 things. One she really has already moved on and views you as a friend. Two she still thinks of you often and wants to be with you still, but wants to party this summer as well.

Personally I would tell her that You were able to wait for her, however she was not. Tell her how hurt you felt by her actions and tell her that you want nothing more to do with her until you feel better which might take a long time. Let her know that her actions are truly uncaring and disrespectful of you. Tell her what you told us.

Then don't respond to her emails don't call her, let her be. 2 things will happen. One she will let you go (she is over you and wants to move on). OR she will realise that she is going to really lose you and try to get you back. Either way I would say wait until school starts up again before you make contact. This will allow you time to heal and get in control again.

Remember she hurt you, she acted in her own best interests. She wasn't happy, that's fine... However you now must act in your own best interest. Clinging onto her only hurts you. It takes 2 for a relationship to work. Clearly she doesn't want to continue with it. I'm sorry that this happened. However I think you know what is best for you.

You may agree with me or disagree, this is just my opinion. Can you really be her friend right now?

You don't seem to be in any bad state with your girl-friend...she is just enjoying her summer break and wants you to know about it...in E-mails.

But i think what you should do is play this out...wait, things will be back to normal before you know it, Your Fine my Friend. Just a Small Distance between you two. let her enjoy the summer or what's left of it. Without Showing signs of being Jealous (don't want to say jealous) But you know what i mean. Whatever you do, Don't Put a Guilt Trip on her shoulders. by saying something Negative...just stay optimistic. everything will fall back into place in no time. and you'll be back together, and say to yourself: "ahh That wasn't So bad"