They won't let me in their club!!

Maybe later when I get my thoughts together about this, I'll be able to explain a little better, but here goes nothing:

Does anyone feel.... virgin or not... that there is a sexual world (a clubhouse if you will) in the surrounding enviornment, but no one will let you in?

Almost like being a roadie for a band. You tour with the band, you can play guitar/bass well, and you've got the look down pat, but you're not in the band, and no matter how hard you work at getting the stage set up, there is no way in hell they (the band, fans, or anyone else) will let you play with them, let alone say you're a part of the band.

(Mind you, the above is a metaphor. Don't give me examples of a band that needed their roadie to come in and play for their guitarist when he broke his arm skatboarding or wehn he got set on fire.)

(Mind you, the above is a metaphor. Don't give me examples of a band that needed their roadie to come in and play for their guitarist when he broke his arm skatboarding or wehn he got set on fire.)

Sad as it is, that's how I got in... her boyfriend broke his leg. I never got a certificate though...

Completely. But it tends to be one of those things that is as true as you think it is. For example..if you focus on it..the idea that you feel excluded, you will start automatically looking for proof that this is true.

These thoughts are very difficult to stop though. If you feel able to, talk in confidence to someone who you THINK is in the *clubhouse*, and I bet you anything that they won't think *Oh, I fit in*.

Even if they do, I guarantee you that even the most socially successful people feel like they dont fit in, that they are fakes, or they arnt sure how they got to where they are...on two instances in my life Ive opened up to very popular people about being, well, popular, and they both felt completely as I did..that they didnt fit in and just tried the best they could!

I tried not to ramble too much, just to explain why its not worth worrying about. A case of self esteem usually. Maybe ... find people who are more like you?

I'd never join a club that would have me as a member.

Once you get in the club, you might be disappointed. It's not all that.

Still, the reception ritual is usually pleasant enough.

The members still have the same problems and worries as the outsiders.