Am I being hypocritical or is he immature?

So stupid - my bf calls me at work to tell ask me if i heard what had happened in our home town this morning. i say no - he said, "a freight train hit a landscaping truck!" i told him i would call him back and he got upset and asked why. i told him IC owns a landscaping company and i want to make sure he's ok. IC and i have been great friends for 15 plus years - had hooked up for 10 of those years - but, he's married now with a kid on the way - no biggie - or at least to me. my bf freaks out and hangs up the phone. for whatever reason, my bf has always gotten jealous when IC is mentioned. needless to say, it wasn't IC who died. but, now my bf won't answer his phone or text msgs. i was annoyed because his ex called him a lot - not anymore, although she text msg'd him on his birthday. but, i never hung up on him or made more of an issue to him about it (on this site i did). is it the same thing? meanwhile, IC is 31, married with a kid on the way, his ex is 25 (i think) and still hasn't dated anyone since they broke up. I think he's being immature... thoughts...

IC and i were never a couple - we were friends with benefits - we even shared a house with some other friends a few years back. i rarely talk about him, because i know how steamed my bf gets. what i guess gets my bf - is a lot of the sexual experiences i have had were with IC. granted i have always been 100% honest with my bf. and when asked personal questions about my past sex life, he always would ask with who and 9 times out of 10 it would be IC.

I guess the subject of IC is just a painful one for your boyfriend. If I were in your place, I'd seriously consider cutting any of the leftover bonds you have with IC. If you truly love your boyfriend and place a premium on his happiness, that is.

Friend with benefits... What do you think? Of course he is going to get upset everytime you decide to talk to IC--that's no brainer. He wasn't your companion and you guys shared no love, at least in your current boyfriend's eyes. Now if you incessantly bring up his name with such and such, naturally he's going to pull up a defensive wall. Yes, he has a kid but that still doesn't take away the fact your libertin history of what not with him which is going to constantly flash in your boyfriend's head when the subject turns to what you have done with him. Put yourself in his shoes see how he feels. If you love your boyfriend enough to cut your ties with IC, then do so as soon as possible. Otherwise, move on to someone who doesn't mind having IC in your life.