Why he always stares at me

I have wonderful boyfriend of eight months. It would be over a year, but I broke up with him for a month last summer. Anyway, whenever we are in band class (he a sax, me a clarinet), I look over at him when we are not playing, and before I have to fight for his attention, I see that he is staring back at me. It isn't always like this, but many times I have caught him. Also, when we are hanging out, I will look over at him and see him looking at me. I don't exactly mind, but it confuses me.

We are both 18 years old, have never dated other people before (I have called people boyfriend, but they weren't really), have said that we love each other, but we both know we are not in love. We talk seriously of the future, but we know that things can change at any moment, so we don't talk as if it is set in stone. I know he isn't yet in love with me nor am I with him, but why do guys stare? I know some of them have good reasons, but what could his reason be?

It is hard to judge based on just a simple stare for now. One thing for sure is that you still matter to him in certain amounts. Just ignore those looks he's giving out for now and concentrate on your music.

If he wants to talk, he would approach you and perhaps you would get some insight on his behaviour. Till then, just leave it be.