I know I must sound silly- a simple pee on a stick would answer my question. My period is going on 3 days late now; it's never been more than a day late, and I'm not under any particualr stress, nor have I gained/lost a big amount of weight either. My LMP was the 21st or 22nd of Feb...

BF and I are very careful- we use condoms. I know those aren't 100% fool proof and things can happen, but we have had no tears or rips or holes that we know of. Besides my period, I usually get a marked PMS time in which I cry over silly things like car commercials at least once, and have sore breasts and break outs and generally feel...PMSsy. That didn't happen this time, although my breasts are sore off and on, and I can't tell if I had a break out because I have been in a break out all over my face since early this month.

Nausea: had some transient nausea late last week, and monday- I actually ate lunch these last 2 days and didn't have that problem. I've had some real REAL mild cramping on the order of menstrual cramps but NOWHERE near what the real deal is (doubled over in a fetal postion).

So, how much longer should I wait before I go to the MD or get the test? I keep thinking "naw...it's just messing with me, it's on it's way...just wait." But as of now, it shows no sign of arriving, there's no hint of pink, just thick clear goo (not even really discharge just around that area).

What do ya say?

eh.... well, don't freak out just yet. Did you take into account that february only has 28 days in it?

You can try a test right now, but it may not be accurate. Best to call your doctor in the morning, see what they say. Maybe schedule an appointment for late next week. If you get your period before then, just cancel your appointment.

good luck!

I would just take a test now, and then if still no period, take another in a few days or go to your doctor for a blood test.

It's not too uncommon for women to sometimes have a non-ovulatory cycle as well, which can mess their period up and cause their cycle to be delayed, even skip entirely.

It's possible you are, but just as possible you aren't, so don't freak out too much yet!