Am I in the friend-zone?

Santa

Hey, I would like your opinions please.

Basically, i've made a fair bit of eye contact with this lady, and i've been flirty with her and vica versa. When we talk she stares at me for a long time. Now this would be a sign of interest I guess, but it seems like an uncomfortable amount of time. Every time I have had to give up the eye contact because I couldn't handle anymore, so maybe shes one of those people that think it's polite to look at people in the eyes when talking, as she didn't seem too uncomfortable with it.

Now heres the thing, when she last saw me (walking past each other), she was a little shocked and said something like "OH! Its you! HI!" with a big smile and wave. This is a lot more attention than the usual "Alright" that friends etc often say to me, so its a good sign she certainly pays attention to me. However, is she doing this because i'm a new member of her friendzone or because she likes me?

Usually girls seem a little shy when interested I guess, but she doesn't seem shy at all and seems to feel comfortable around me - is this because she seems be as a possible new friend?

You're not in the F R I E N D S Z O N E yet, so don't worry. Get a "hang out session" with her aka coffee or something more personal. You can then guage her body language and learn more about her. At this point, it seems too early to be concerned if you're in the F R I E N D S Z O N E.

This could be one of two things,

1. She likes you, a lot and she is being pretty obvious about it.

2. Because it is so obvious I'd be concerned if its a game (guys play games because girls made the rules). She may be acting so keen and confident to try and get a reaction out of you. She flirts with you, you flirt back and she gets an ego boost.

Your not in the friend zone though. Your in the friend zone when she starts telling you about guys she likes or that she is dating or about past relationships in detail. Once you get there, once those topics come up BAIL, BAIL right there and then. Don't let it continue otherwise you will only ever be seen as a friend and if anyone knows how to get out of the friendzone, start a new thread cos I'm so interested to hear it.

Santa,

I think the most successful approach to getting so called "dates" with women is suggesting that you two "hang out." It might go something like, "Hey (Woman), let's hang out sometime." (observe her response, including body language). If you get positive feedback, say, "how about (insert convenient night, but not a Saturday night and a time & place). Then, wa-lah - you have a so called "date" all without ever using that horrid word.

Don't wait any longer, execute soon.