This guy is sending weird signals

I've been single for about 3 months now. I'm finally starting to get back into the groove of things. There's this guy in one of my classes at school who I like. He's really outgoing; I'm shy. He seemed to talk to everyone in the class except me, but he always sat right next to me and kind of look at me when he thought I was paying attention to the professor (silly him, why would i do that?) Finally one day we started talking, and he seemed really interested (in getting to know me at least). We talked for a pretty long time.

The next two times I saw him, he initiated converstaion (and seemed a little nervous, too!) He seemed really eager to talk to me, and then out of nowhere, would start to ignore me. There's another girl on the other side of him who he'll like say random stuff to once in a while.

He seems nice and offered to help me out with some school stuff, and he seems to like to talk a lot to me, but why does he suddenly ignore me!? I'm thinking he's just a really outgoing, friendly guy who just likes to talk.

omg, that's such a great idea. i can't believe i didn't think of that!!! but if he says no, i'm going to wonder if he doesn't like me or cause he feels bad letting me buy him coffee. plus, he's always drinking coffee in class. so what should i do if he says no?

I doubt he'll say no.

Sounds like he really likes you but is too nervous to ask you on a date. You'll have to jump start him a little. I know lots of guys who can talk to everyone *except* the one woman they really like.

The "reward" for helping you would be a good idea. If he says no, he's an idiot - why would you want to pursue him any more after that?