Hott guy 101.. HottBaby4u..>????? read this yea!

no offense

but why do people make their screennames "hotgayguy" "hotchick101" "imsohot" "yourhotbaby" ect.

I mean. If you think about it. Hott people dont make their screennames like that. Only ugly people do.

So why do ugly people always put "hott" in their screennames.. or say their hott and the actual goodlooking people dont??

I dunno, it makes me mad.

Note: if ur just gonna be an a**hole about this then dont even bother replying. This is for people who want to have a civilized discussion about it because im honestly curious as to why good looking people dont put that. I mean i know im not HOTT but im good looking.. and my boyfriend is good looking.. but every guy i know who has "hott" in his s/n or any form of hott.. is ugly.

exactly, Shake. Imagination. DRJQD112804.. DRJ are my initials.. JQD are my boyfriends initials.. our first day going out was 11-28-04

our initials put together are DRJJQD or JQDDRJbut we always take out that extra J or D cuz it 'brings us together' hah

cuz we r stupid.

but i just hate it. 'sexy boy5000'.... what ever hapened to originality. i used to spend hours thinking of screennames like "lyke omfg lol jk" and stuff.. i even once had a s/n that was summin like " dklah83nd "... cuz i was bored.

nethin i sbetter than hottman400

I remember I was on site previously.

I was, honestly, 1 of maybe 5 people who used their actual name.

And just their name. Not "SexYLinDSay4U" lol...

I actually prefer random names, like words, opposed to sexy, hot, etc.

I think it's just a trend, not that they're conceited. :S

I mean. If you think about it. Hott people dont make their screennames like that. Only ugly people do.

So why do ugly people always put "hott" in their screennames.. or say their hott and the actual goodlooking people dont??

That's a huge stereotype that you're portraying there. Unless you conducted a study on a huge population of people who use "hott" in their screennames and then took their photographs and had others rate them on attractivenes....and then ran a statistical analysis to see if there was a correlation between the 2 variables..... I can't see how you can make such a broad conclusion.

Aside from the stereotyping...I don't want to be mean, but aren't there other more important things in the world to be worrying about?

but i just hate it. 'sexy boy5000'.... what ever hapened to originality. i used to spend hours thinking of screennames like "lyke omfg lol jk" and stuff.. i even once had a s/n that was summin like " dklah83nd "... cuz i was bored.

Try not to let it bother you so much.

BellaDonna

I agree with BellaDonna. And it's all very well to say you want a civilised discussion but it is provocative to criticise is such strong terms a very personal decision by someone that really should have little or no impact on you. To say only ugly people put 'hot' in their names is a somewhat uncivilised thing to assert in itself, apart from being incapable of proof.

To Bella (and DN):

Okay. Thats what Kinda makes me mad. People get all technical.

I'm not a mean person. I'm one of the nicest people I know. I just tell it like it is most of the time. If i dont like you, im not gonna pretend i do. I'll tell you I dont. If i think your ugly, i wont pretend i dont, i'll tell you your ugly. And fat, and everything else thats wrong. Me and my friends are like that.

Now.

Its pretty obvious i dont mean "ALL" as in 100% of the people. That would be stupid. Your calling me stupid if you say you think i mean it that way. I dont. I'm not stupid. Your stupid for thinking that i mean it like that. Not being mean, being truthful.

I'm a nice person. But i'm saying this straight forward. I did not mean all. I meant the majority of the people i have talked to online and seen pictures of that had anything resembling how "hott" they were, were not hott at all.

It was a simple question, but people like you have to ruin the fun for people like me who know what its like to see "hott" in someones name, want to talk to them (because nobody looks for ugly people, ugly people find me and then im friends with them), and then you see a picture and they are really ugly. It makes you want to go "why did you put hott in your s/n?"

doesnt it?

Now. And not once, DN, did i say that 'only' ugly people put hott in their names. Hott people do too, i guess. But i'm saying the majority of the people who do it i think are ugly. From MY EXPERIENCES.

Thanks, and have a lovely day.

You keep saying you are a nice person. In my experience nice people don't insult other people in the sort of terms you seem fit to use.

Maybe we have a different defintion of 'nice'.

As far as being mean is concerned:

I'm not a mean person. I'm one of the nicest people I know. I just tell it like it is most of the time. If i dont like you, im not gonna pretend i do. I'll tell you I dont. If i think your ugly, i wont pretend i dont, i'll tell you your ugly. And fat, and everything else thats wrong. Me and my friends are like that.

what you say here proves the exact opposite. In my opinion.

I have to agree with DN here on that quote. It seems like nice is in the eye of the beholder but your opinion of that isn't the popular one it seems just be reading the posts.

There is a mass difference between being blunt to benefit someone and just being tactless with bad taste, unfortunately I think it might be the latter that is suitable here. Everyone has a different idea of attraction, what one person may think is ugly another may think is a gem. As for weight, I think anyone who is seriously overweight probably already realizes that and if you feel compelled to point it out, use good sense.

I have to say, just my personal opinion, the comment about you being the nicest person you know sounds a tad, well, self centered and egotistical. We all realize if we're decent people or not, but few take it upon themselves to sit on the throne of perfection as you have with being what you consider 'nice'.

Sorry drjq112804, but I must agree here with BellaDonna, DN, Jinx...

Maybe "hot" could mean something like "having only troubles"....You never know....Use your imagination.... Are you a doctor of any kind, as you are using "dr" in your screenname?....Let´s start "civilized discussion" about that.... Yeah, I´ve read, those are your inicials...Who knows?

I dare to ask a question, where are those people, supposed to having fun together with you over this topic? Well, I proudly join the club of yours "people like you have to ruin fun for people like me..." I really, really, REALLY don´t like, when somebody calls other people fat, ugly, stupid..... It´s not nice...Not even close...Far far away.... In my opinion.... And you actually called some people here on forum stupid. And I totally disagree with you... If you are not able to handle discussion over such a controversial subject, don´t open it or at least don´t call other people stupid, if they show disagreement....

Note: if ur just gonna be an a**hole about this then dont even bother replying. This is for people who want to have a civilized discussion about it

How can you use the word "a**hole" in referring to people, then in just the next sentence, state that you want a civilized discussion?

Your stupid for thinking that i mean it like that. Not being mean, being truthful.

Ok...again...calling people "stupid" yet wanting a civilized discussion. (Which FYI, hun, I'm far from stupid...if you want to make groundless insults like that at least remember to use the proper grammer for it which is: "you're stupid" -It at least looks a little less hyprocritical and ridiculous then...when it's spelled properly).

It was a simple question, but people like you have to ruin the fun for people like me who know what its like to see "hott" in someones name, want to talk to them (because nobody looks for ugly people, ugly people find me and then im friends with them), and then you see a picture and they are really ugly. It makes you want to go "why did you put hott in your s/n?"

doesnt it?

How is such a question you pose "fun" at all? It's ridden with stereotypes, ignorance, and ultimately a waste of time and energy. How can making statements about "ugly people" be a good way to spend your time?

Not to mention, if you already have a boyfriend- and these online people are just potential friends- why do you even care what they look like? -You're not dating them. Who cares? If you think people are deceiving you with their screennames, then maybe the internet isn't the best place for you to socialize.

drjqd112804, everyone has opinions. Sometimes things you find "fun" come accross as shallow and insulting to others- especially given the type of lanuguage you use. You might want to think before you state your opinion, especially if it's one that can be found offensive and you're using offensive language to go with it. If you talk to others in "real life" as you do on the internet, I'm worried for you.

I'm one of the nicest people I know

That says it all. lol

BellaDonna