confusing situation

My Highschool recently had its semi formal (im in grade 10) and my date was a girl in grade 9. I had asked her to start dating me and she said she just had to get used to the idea and at the semi formal agreed to go out with me. When we were alone or dancing together she seems very interested, smiles, laughs a lot and we have a good time. She said she was nervous because this was her first ever serious relationship and i told her not to worry about it and that i wasnt going to judge her. Even before we became boyfriend and girlfriend whenever i would talk to her in the hall, usually by her and her friends lockers she would purposely keep conversations short and retreat over to her friends. Whenver one of them approaches she pretends like im not there and it drives me nuts. Most of the school had to watch a presentation in the gym today and i caught her friends repeatedly looking over to me and talking to her. She was smiling and I was getting pissed because she had been rude to me on the way to the gym in the hallway. I had started talking to her and we were walking to the gym together until we started walking with her friends. She immediately started walking faster and drifted away. I felt humiliated and decided to just go walk with my friends and hang out with them.

Other than this issue our relationship is great but its really annoying. So i guess im looking for advice on this situation and basically just how i should handle things with her at school? I want to give her her space but i don't want to ignore her at school and only spend time with her on dates. Help?

You sound like you're doing your best to have a relationship with a girl who's

both very unsure about herself and immature. In private, ask her what's going on and tell her why it bothers you. If she's willing to change, give her another chance. Otherwise only you can say if the rudeness and humiliation is worth it.

You sound like you're doing your best to have a relationship with a girl who's

both very unsure about herself and immature. In private, ask her what's going on and tell her why it bothers you. If she's willing to change, give her another chance. Otherwise only you can say if the rudeness and humiliation is worth it.

I concur. It seems to be an age related thing on her part. I was the same way at 14! The guys I liked the best I always seemed to be the jerkiest to them. Always inadvertently.

Talk to her, if she's not willing to change, I'd say it's time to move on.

She sounds nervous and insecure. This is also her first relationship, so she is extra nervous and may not know what to do. You can talk to her about it and try to explain to her how that makes a guy feel when she does stuff like that. Be easy with her and help guide her through the rough spots of a first relationship. But also realize that if it keeps up, she may not be ready for something serious yet.