GF is on the depo shot. She told me that. Should I feel comfortable w/o condom?

My dad gave me some good advice: "Never make love to a woman with whom you don't want to have kids." What he meant was "Don't come inside of any woman with whom you don't want to have kids."

I cannot tell you how many stories I hear of guys getting women pregnant even though they said they were on the pill or Depo, etc.

Sorry to say, that is the ONE THING that I would never trust a woman on. I've met too many women with an agenda of getting pregnant.

My GF and I have been doing this for years. She was on depo for nearly two years, and recently switched to the ring. We never use condoms anymore. I trust her, and I wouldn't mind her having my babies.

We were together for quite some time though before we stopped using condoms and switched to birth control, so there was already quite a bit of trust there. If this is a girl you just met, and she says "Don't worry, you don't have to use a condom. I'm on birth control" then I think you should turn around and run as fast as you can. Because if a girl does that with you, she's probably done it with other guys. Even if she is on birth control, there is always the risk of STD's. I think it's a great thing to do in a long term relationship like mine though....

I am still a virgin because I haven't had actual sex yet. That might change soon though. Anyway, how effective is this shot? I heard it was like 96-99% safe. So does that mean I should not have to worry with condoms?

im on the shot also its good if you dont want to have kids but i would use acondom anyways we dont want STD's or HIV. you never know who has them and who doesnt. just to be on the safer side always use a condom!

Its a judgment call on your part. Using condoms also would be the safest route considering if you both havent been checked for STIs. The depo shot is pretty effective as far as i know I have heard its effectiveness is upwards of 99%. Just remember that accidents can and do happen so protect yourself.