Why do men fall in love more quickly than women????

serve_the_people

From personal experience, all of my exes and my current boyfriend told me they loved me within 1 month of being together. My current boyfriend actually said it 2 weeks before he even asked me out.

But on the flip side, I know girls whose boyfriends didn't say it until after 1 year of dating and only because she said it first.

So I think it could go either way.

This has been my experience, too.

Everyone is different, but usually men are supposed to want sex, but withhold emotion for someone special. Women are supposed to want emotional connection but withhold sex for someone special.

So women who have sex with someone right away are seen as having low self-esteem, being too easy. And men who fall in love too quickly are seen the same way. People don't respect you if you give something important that easily, and they also have to wonder how important or good it can be if you throw it at the first person who comes along.

And just as male players get sex by promising but not giving love, female players get love, attention, attachment, through the allure of sex. So if you're a woman giving sex hoping to get love, or if you're a man giving love hoping to get sex, then you're getting played because you're too easy.

• 2 years later...

I think alot of men mistake infatuation for love. I've also experienced 4 guys saying the whole 'I love you' within 2 weeks-1 and half months. Only one was sensible and never said it.

You can not love somebody in a month or two. You just can't bc love takes alot more time, and you need to know the person really well. I personally think actions speak louder than words and just cos sb says they love you, does not mean they do.

Imo men fall 'properly' in love slower than women, and also fall out of love slower.

Archived