My g/f's not as romantic as I want her to be...

I am currently in a great relationship with a wonderful women, and we love each other equally. I am a very romantic, spontaneous kind of guy who doesn't over do it, but my g/f on the other hand, is not very romantic, at least to the degree that I'd like it to be. She does show me and proves to me that she loves all the time, but I wish that she would surprise me with the little things once in a while without me having to ask.

I sent her a book in the mail last week called, "101 Ways to Say I Love You" and I wrote something in the book subtly telling her that I sent this as motivation. She loved the book, and she did come to my job 2 days ago just to surprise me (which she'd never done), but I still don't feel satisfied.

I've been considering slowing down my romantic ways for a little while hoping she'll get the hint. Does this sound like the thing to do? Any ideas?

No this is not a good idea at all! She is the way she is and you really can't change that. Was she more romantic when you 2 started going out? If so then thats when you have to wonder what happened to the good ole days.

Have you came out and told her how you feel? Or are you just giving her hints? Some people you just have to come out of the box and let them know whats going on! Best of luck to you two though.

I would love to be in your shoes right now

Currently I am still going after my ex girlfriend and I wish that I could have the opportunity that you have right now.

You have the opportunity of knowing that she loves you and that she is trying and so are you.

I would appreciate what I have for a little while and then ask for more.

She alread made a big step, I would leave it alone before you start to frustrate her or make her do it instead of her wanting to.

i don't think it's wise to change who you are to please her. obviously she loves you for who you are, because otherwise she wouldn't be with you. even though she isn't as romantic as you'd like her to be, don't pressure her to the point where she gives up on the relationship. she loves you for who you are and you love her for who she is. that's all you need. never go into a relationship expecting to change someone. good luck.