Nine months after break up still thinking of him

is it normal to still be thinkin bout my ex of almost 9 months...as much as i do...i mean i think about him everyday all day..i miss him so much i love him more than anything...and hes with a new gf...is it wrong for me to call? or will it go away soon? ive tried going out and "looking for the other guys" and having fun..but it doesn't work...i want to talk to him..but im afraid of him tellin me to leave him alone and get over it...but i sometimes think maybe he wants me to call...GRRRRRRRRR...

People heal at different rates and in different ways. There is no right way to get over heartbreak.

I would stress though that, in order for you to really get over him, you can't have contact with him, as you'll hold onto false hope and those feelings will hang on.

You need to remember that he's moved on. It hurts but you have to face that pain in order to heal.

You can't choose to fall in love any more than you can choose to fall out of love. You have to face it's over, grieve, and let go.

uhmm okay..we dated forever..he was my first EVERYTHING and im 21...and that was huge cuz i don't trust guys like that...soo..i drove up to his town to surprise him..and before i could get out the car..he told me he needed space to relax and think cuz he had been in relationships all his life and the anniversary of his brothers death (which he still had issues with) was coming up...so i didn't say nothing..i was like okay...take ya space..and (of course i cried like a lil baby) but i did leave...2 hrs later...and i called occasionally to make sure he was okay about his brother but he never answered me...and he came down to panama city with my stuff and he brought his new girl with him..but he lied about it...told me it was his moms friend...and couple weeks later his friend told me the truth..so yeah hes a punk and i hated him..but..i still miss him...i just wanna get over him..but i can't..am i crazy? GRRRRRRRRR @ GUYS! for now... this is normal tho..my friends say im a baby and need to just grow up...owell...thats MY STORY lol sad

I know how you feel, I wish i didnt, but I do. I dated this guy for 11 months, and still cant get over him. He too has a new gf, and I still think about him everyday, and I have for the last 6+ months. Looking and looking for th right guy wont bring you any closer to him. I truly believe that there is someone out there for you and for me. maybe its our ex's, and either us of them have to change beofre were right for each other, or maybe god has someone better fit for us. Let life runs its course.. and as for calling him, I did for a while, and I think it pushed him more away from me, so now i dont call, and every so often he will call and it is so much more special that way. Never forget that love is love, but when you find mutrual love, you will be happy. Email me, I would love to hear from you email removed.

Love

Lea