Met a girl the other night...when should I call?

Blurr

So the other night I went to a local pub with a group of friends. It was my birthday bash (birthday was on Wednesday, just turned 24...getting old!) and I wanted to sing karaoke. It was a first for me and I was DAMN nervous!

Things went well though, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! Anywho, about 2 singers before me there was this girl who went up and she had an absolutely amazing voice! Sounded just like Patsy Cline...I was really impressed.

Well after I finished my song, all the seats at my table were taken, so I seated myself down at her table. I mentioned how much I liked her singing and we struck up a conversation...turns out we had a lot in common! Things went pretty damn well I thought and we exchanged numbers. We also made plans to meet up at a club a little later.

Ended up at the club shortly thereafter. It was a pretty dead scene but I sat with my friends and had a few drinks. Eventually she showed up and she sat down with me and my friends. Again, the conversation flowed easily...really felt comfortable talking to her. And I was picking up signs that she seemed to be interested in me.

Anyways, we left after staying at the club for a bit...like I said, it was dead and she had to work the next day anyways. So we said goodbye and told her that I'd give her a call sometime.

My question is...when should I think about calling her to setup a date to go out for coffee or whatnot? I actually jumped the gun and called her not 5 minutes but I got her voice mail...my heart was pounding and I didn't know what to do, so I didn't leave a message!

But yea, what do y'all think? Should I call again a bit later and see if she answers or should I wait a few days? It's been a while since I've been in the dating scene and I really don't know what to do!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Well, you definitely did the right thing by not leaving a voice mail message...good start...you don't talk to her voice mail, you want to talk to her.

I'd call her ASAP. That way, her memory of the situation will be fresh. It sounds like you got along well, so you want her to have those memories fresh in her mind when you call her...

Sounds very promising indeed! How many days has it been since you last had contact with her? I think two or three is a decent amount of time. You don't want her to think you forgot about her, but you also don't want to jump the gun. (Her cellphone probably has caller ID anyway... ) Go with your gut and call her up!

To give you an example, my best friend is dating a guy who is so busy with work, he only calls her once a week, and she's feeling a little neglected. I think in early stages of dating, 2-3 contacts a week (email/phone/whatever) and at least one date are a good amount. You see each other regularly, but not enough to get sick of each other.

• Like 1