I met a girl threw friends the other night. It has been 24 hrs as of now that I asked for her phone number. Now, my only dilemma is, when should I call? I was thinking Tuesday evening but that is Valentines day and that seems cheesy to me. So, I was thinking Monday evening and then asking if she would be interested in meeting for dessert and coffee Wednesday or Thursday evening.

I am a shy guy and am not sure how to approach. I had been dating a girl for 3 yrs so I am a little rusty on the dating game. I am interested and don't want to blow this.

Help please on what approach to take. This may sound lame to but, how long should I make the call? I mean I don't want it to be too short but at the same time, I want us to have something to talk about on our first date, if I get one.

Any topics of conversation that are good?

Any topics that I should avoid?

I'm excited but so confused and nervous, any tips would be great.

You need to call this girl and not play games. Don't pressure her or be overbearing, but definitely call her. They all want attention, but too much is the kiss of death. Just be nice and not overbearing. I am sure that if she likes you, then she will respond well. They all play games, but will respond if you are not too overbearing.

Well, I called her and we had a nice conversation. She was feeling a little sick but I asked her out for coffee/dessert on Wednesday and she said yes. Unfortunately on the day of, she called and was not feeling very well, said she didn't want to cancel but was hoping for a raincheck. I said sure and to give me a call when she was feeling better.

I was wondering, if I don't hear from her by Sunday night, if I could give her a call and just see how she is? I don't want it to seem like I am calling to say "So, you wanna go out or what?" I want her to feel comfortable to call me anytime sort of thing.

How should I go about this?

Listen do don't fret the phone call...be yourself and talk to her like you talk to your best friend. Think of a few things to ask...but don't think of two many as you will prob ask too many question. Just take it easy and give her a call...hell you never know if shes been waitin on your call or not

Good luck man