Quick Question

Okay here is the deal. I never had a gf and this whole holiday thing is killing me. I hate waiting and waiting to find the perfect person. I am going out of town for a week. I am dying to find a girlfriend and I wanted to know if I should:

Act myself and do things that I normally would and hope that I get the opportunity to meet someone

-- or --

Should I not be myself and go to a club or bar and try to pick up many girls?

its a simple question but at this point i dont know where to go

If you meet someone at a club or bar chances are you'll meet someone who likes going to clubs and bars. Are you okay with dating someone who enjoys those activities with or without you? That's your answer.

Another thing to consider is if you don't like going to these places it will most likely show in your body language and may even effect how you act. Or you may find you have an unexpectedly good time.

I don't think you should look for a girlfriend. I think you should be open to meeting a wonderful woman. You will eventually meet a very sweet woman that likes you and things will just progress. I see you young guys on this site all of the time and just know that you will experience what you want. I had no girlfriends in high school and I was very popular. It seems that I was not interested and just made a lot of female friends. Trust me, It was not lack of sex. I seemed to just not have any interest in a relationship. I hooked up with women and at the same time was very nice and respectful. You will meet an amazing woman as long as you are an amazing guy. It seems that good women like good guys. Don't even worry my friend. You can't look for it, but you can be social and say hello to different women. As long as they don't think you are looking for only sex, then I am sure they will respond favorably. Just be a nice guy and respectable, but not a weak piece of crap.

I don't think you should look for a girlfriend. I think you should be open to meeting a wonderful woman. You will eventually meet a very sweet woman that likes you and things will just progress.

Amen my brother!

Always be yourself...just present the best of yourself when you are around others...

And...

You want a woman to share your happiness with, not someone who creates it for you...

I believe every person has various aspects of themselves that cannot all be at the forefront at the same time, and that show up depending on the situation you find yourself in.

It's possible to 'be yourself' without being your 'everyday self'.

There are various different shades of me: there's my romantic self (which my friends don't see), my nerdy self (which girls are forbidden from seeing! ), my detached aloof pissed-off self (he shows up when I'm very tired or my parents are around), my bland inoffensive yet vaguely humorous self (he's my defense mechanism when i'm nervous), my musician self (the less said about him, the better), and so on. And each of these people is equally me!

Find an aspect of yourself that you think maybe you haven't paid enough attention to in the past. Give him a chance.

Sorry if this makes no sense.