My Girlfriend left after two years

Its amazing how great your life can be one minute and go to hell all within one year. It all started my junior year I got a girlfriend. I was playing highschool soccer and we didn't really get to spend alot of time with each other. By the time summer ended we fell in love and we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. During the season I tore my ACL and didn't play until 2years later and lost my full ride to division 1.And since I don't have great grades I won't be able to pay for college anymore. A few months after that my dad gets a brain tumor and dies three months later. Everything I had going for me is now all falling apart so the only person I have is my girlfriend because I hardly even talk to my mother. So my Senior year roles around and I didn't get to play soccer because I delayed my surgury to be with my dad. Senior year was great and prom comes around me and her had a blast the next morning she said she needed time and wanted to break up. Its been six months since the last time I saw her the only time I've seen her was making out with her new boyfriend when I ended up in jail for three days for fracturing his jaw knocking three of his teeth out and breaking two of his ribs. We broke up on january 3 and if this didn't happen we would be in disney land in two weeks where we would hopefully have got engaged.I chose to propose to her there because she's never been their which surprised me. I never did anything to hurt her why did she do this, I gave her everything and anything she ever wanted. Well if anybodys got any advice I would really like some. Now I just got to find someone to go to the disney trip that I've already paid for.

Not that it's going to make you feel any better, but it happens a lot when you're young. You and her were just at different places in life. You wanted to marry her and she wanted to explore more. It's tough because when you first started dating her you didn't know you'd want to marry her and she didn't know she wouldn't want to stay with you. That's what's tough - by the time you find these things out you've invested both time and hope.

I suggest you go to Disney with a close friend. Enjoy the trip. Better yet, if there's a girl you like and you're friends with, take her. Don't have expectations but take someone who wants to spend time with you and you'll have fun with. For the love of god, don't go alone and do go!

Welcome Genoh555. It's good that you're writing here about this. There are some great people here. I went crazy after my GF left me less than two weeks ago in way that was absolutely shocking to me. My family thought I was irrational and almost had me committed to the hospital. I really was a suicide risk, I think. Writing on here has really helped, even if I don't think anyone reads my long posts. But trust me people are reading, and we hear you.

What can I say, you have had a lot of problems accumulate while you are young. You need to really understand and tell yourself over and over that you can rise above this crap. We are for the most part responsible for our lives, but there was nothing you could do about your knee or your Father's cancer. I think that it was humanly possible to fix the thing with your girl, but if you could figure it out you could make a billion dollars in a book deal. Don't pay too much attention to my advice, though, I am still pretty screwed up myself.

Hitting that guy was very, very stupid and totally understandable. Go to Disney and throw his teeth into the water at "It's a Small World."

Genoh555,

I feel frustrated for you. First she says she wants to spend the rest of her life with you and then the next thing you hear is that she's leaving you. How can she break her commitment like that? I don't get it. Obviously, something drastic must have happened for her to change her mind like that. I guess you must have wondered if it was you? One question you must have asked yourself also was how well did you really know her. I keep thinking about the worst case scenario in that she was already seeing someone behind your back. If so, that'll tell you what kind of person she really is. You haven't heard from her in 6 months. I bet she's moving on as if nothing ever happened. Yeah, very frustrating.