As we say in the UK 'Fanny Farts'

The most embarrasing thing that has happened to me during sex is what we Brits call 'Fanny farts'. When air gets trapped inside the vagina during intercourse and makes a fart noise.

I could of died when it happened with me and my BF. "I swear that wasn't, what, err, you thought it was..."

How embarrassing.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that almost died from embarrassment from having this happen. How common is this...

Its very common...and it usually depends on the position. More commonly it occurs in the doggie style position because your vagina is tilted at a different angle that is easier for air to get in....and with his penis penetrating that air has no where to go but out. No worries!!

Given the amount of noise that comes out of most men I know, I really think you have NOTHING to worry about

Most people I know just laugh it off, sometimes sex is funny...."fanny farts", an accidental elbow to the head switching around, trying to pull a smooth move which turns more clumsy.....it's fun to laugh and just have fun together

They are just a release of air that became entrapped during intercourse. How common it is depends a lot on position, and how he is "thrusting" as well. The penis acts as a hydraulic pump of sorts and can push bits of air up into the vaginal canal.

While not a terribly common incident, this "hydraulic action" is why it is advised to not have actual penetration when you are UNDER water either (standing outside it, or in the shower, is fine), as it can force air bubbles up inside the fallopian tubes, or into the body cavity during thrusts, which can be quite dangerous.

The most embarrasing thing that has happened to me during sex is what we Brits call 'Fanny farts'. When air gets trapped inside the vagina during intercourse and makes a fart noise.

I could of died when it happened with me and my BF. "I swear that wasn't, what, err, you thought it was..."

How embarrassing.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that almost died from embarrassment from having this happen. How common is this...

It's also known as a "queef" or a "vart". And well its kinda odd when it does happen though lol, makesme chuckle. And you think thats bad my ex has done something 10 times worse. In doggy but it was a "vart" it was from the other hole lol.

Most people I know just laugh it off, sometimes sex is funny...."fanny farts", an accidental elbow to the head switching around, trying to pull a smooth move which turns more clumsy.....it's fun to laugh and just have fun together

Oh yeah.. its funny alright... like when trying to pull off his underware with such exuberance and finding yourself flying through mid-air and landing on your fanny off the bed and on the floor. Gotta laugh about it.

Yep.. Queefs... it happens.. lol.. and when you are inexperienced or with a new partner... more so. But its a normal thing. Theres really no way to prevent it.

While not a terribly common incident, this "hydraulic action" is why it is advised to not have actual penetration when you are UNDER water either (standing outside it, or in the shower, is fine), as it can force air bubbles up inside the fallopian tubes, or into the body cavity during thrusts, which can be quite dangerous.

This I didn't know about...
as a guy i can say that we honestly don't mind this at all. i know girls get more embarrassed than guys regarding bodily functions especially noisey ones but try not feel too embarrassed.

That was my boyfriend's attitude when I brought it up later on. In fact at the time he chuckled a bit and said it doesn't matter.

I'm just rather shy. We've been together 10 months now, it just takes me a long time to feel totally comfort around people.

Thanks for the replies everyone!