so, ya'll who have been keeping up with my threads know I've been dating this guy for about 1 1/2 months. We've had feelings for each other since last february (almost a year) but certain situations and complications had kept us from moving forward into a relationship. We've really made progress the past month or so, and I'm becoming more and more confident with our relationship every day. Well, the other day my roommate started talking about this summer, and how she wants to plan a trip to an amusment park... water park, rollercoasters, and staying in hotels overnight. She wants me, her, her boyfriend, and my guy to go. My thing is, I'm kinda scared about bring this up.. I mean, summer's quite a ways away. Wouldn't making plans like that, or even talking about stuff like that kinda scare him off or at the least come off as a little forward? I don't want him to think I'm already planning our wedding or anything, lol. So I guess I'm asking your guys' opinions on this. Is it ok to try to make plans for future trips, even if you don't know if you'll still be together? I have every intention of staying with him, but you never know what's going to happen. I just kinda feel like it might be ackward to be like "oh yea, and 6 months from now we should do this, and next year we should do this, and in 5 years we should do this...." I'm being kinda extreme but you guys get my point. Let me know what you think!

Well I wouldnt worry too much about it, I was faced with a similar situation. My gf asked me if I wanted to go on vacation with her and her family 7 months ahead. I was only with her for like 3 months and it made me feel a little awkward cause I had no idea where we would end up by that time. In the end everything turned out fine and I went along and had a great time. Its all up to you really, I dont think hes gonna feel that your smothering him already. Just kinda bring it up, dont have him answer right away

I guess I was just asking more in general to the guys, as a generalization, do you get freaked out when your new girlfriend starts making future plans. Like say it's january and she's asking you what your plans are for the summer... and instead of it being oh yea, a group of friends, it's more of a couples thing... I just want to know not necessarily just pertaining to my situation, but I'm just curious how that comes accross to guys.. does it make your girlfriend seem overeager? Smothering? Or do you like the fact that she's looking that far ahead into the future?