un written rules

i was just wondering when a man and a girl out some where how come the man has 2 pay.I mean i dont mind paying ,but where is it written that men should pay I also wanted 2 know if a girl says she wants to go to the movies but she has no 1 to go with and then she ask you who are you going 2 the movies with. does that mean she wants to go to the movies with you.

i will do anything for you

Streetdreamer,

If you don't mind paying for a date then why are you asking about it? It sounds like you do mind. There is no unwritten rule that men have to pay for the dates. What usually happens, is the guy pays for the first date and the girl might pay for the second or something along those lines. Obviously someone has to pay for it, dates usually cost money and unless you know someone who can get you into the movies for free, then you're going to have to pay for it. Do you really expect to ask a girl out and for her to pay for everything all the time? Personally, I have no problem paying when I'm on a date, but if I get the slightest idea that the guy I'm with is cheap, it will be the last time I got out with him. So, my advice to you, is pay for your dates and if you notice that the girl never pays for anything without being asked (do not ask her to pay) then just don't go out with her again. Simple as that. As for the second part of your post, about her hinting around to go out with you....just come right and ask her "are you trying to ask me to go with you?" It's best to be straight up instead of playing games. Good luck.

i think that the guy paying for the girl is to show that he is able to support her, even if they are in jr. high or high school. i mean, a girl doesn't want to be with a guy who can't pay for anything, and is always borrowing money and in debt! and about going to the movies, when a girl says " i don't have any1 to go 2 the movies with, want to go w/ me?" i think that would indacate thats she wants to go with you!

Always and 4evr~

It's not about showing he can support her, that's the 100% wrong reason you should do it. You should just do it to show you're a gentleman. Usually what happens is if you ask her on a date, then you've gotta pay, you asked her out. If she asks you out, however, you should still pay for the first date for sure. If she offers just tell her you got this one, she can get some other time...but the reason you do it on the first date is to show her you're a gentleman and would like to show her a good time.

She definitely does want to go to the movies with you, so ask her!! It seems very obvious, unless she is just playing games.

As far as the moeny thing goes...Well its nice for the guy to offer to pay, especially if its the first date or second. It just shows that he respects her, and is just chivalrous. No theres no written rules, but i think sometimes it shows the woman if the guy is considerate and stuff. As the relationship moves further on, i for one offer to pay my half, and i'll swtich it up if my guy gets the bill quite often. I dont think the guy should always pay, but just nice to offer.

ok sounds like everyone's pretty much answered your question and i tend to agree with whoever said "don't ask the girl to pay" i mean i believe that if a guy askes a girl out on the date for the first time around then yes he should pay.but don't ask the girl to pay and if you want to know if the girl wants to go out with you ask her streight up.don't beat around the bush.personally if i like somoene i'll ask them streight up i don't like putting around. hope this helps.

Unwritten rules:

There are many unwritten rules. Although feminists and misogynists would like it otherwise, our society still exists on the premise that the man is the hunter and the female is the game. Money, unfortunately, defines the successfulness of a man in many people's eyes = If you don't have money, you don't have women.

If you don't want to live by this rule, you have to be honest with the woman. Say right away "I pay this time, you pay next time"? Or "I'll buy the ticket, you pay for the popcorn?"

If she asks you, are you going to the movie:

DON'T - "Yes, do you want to go with me?" = you're paying

DO - "Yes, are you?" = forces her to decide for herself

Realistically, if she wants to be with you, she doesn't need you to pay to make it worth her while. She'll want your company and that should be free.

ok, I say guys pay because its the nice thing to do... It shows the girl you have respect for her..... I say no matter what you should always pay for a girl.. unless they really really want to pay for you.......

And I think she wants to it the movies... Ask her to go see Pirates of the Caribbean... (good movie).... Well goodluck....

Hey.. this has got nothing 2 do wif this but 2 one of ur previous posts that i can't seem 2 find anymore but i kno its from u dreamer:

Woah.. take things easy dreamer, get the girl out on a date first b4 u kiss her. You don't and that's the thing, unless she constantly flirts wif u or tells u that she likes u or somehow signals 2 u, u neva kno. That's why ppl ask and who cares if u get rejected, it simply just means she's not interested but at least u'll get her attention and if u're still crazy about her a few weeks later, try again. Sometimes chicks change their minds fast.

Kissing hey...i recently had the same problem and i realise that of course she wants me 2 kiss her, if she's going out wif u and likes u then why the hell not. This will make so much sense 4 u if u think about it. It took me AGES to figure it out i was constantly thinkin about the same thing for 2 weeks. I might b totally wrong so i'm gonna post up a forum sometimes but i'm pretty convinced, if she doesn't like u then she won't wanna kiss u and she won't wanna go out wif u. She's gonna b shy coz she likes u and apprently chicks want u 2 make the first move coz they don't want 2 scare u away, and trust me, it is scary sometimes when chicks throw themselves at u.

U should so mail me sometime, i think u'd hav so may problems that i've experienced.

Happy Heb

And don't worry about the paying, the girl will most likely pay herself even if u insist and who really cares who pays, the point is that u had a great time 2getha, no ones gonna look back becoz u can't pay for moments like them if u kno what i mean.