I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now and we haven't used condoms in ages. Lately, maybe for the past month or so, when ever we have sex it burns afterwards but only if he cums inside me. It usually lasts about an hour or so and it's really uncomfortable. Could I have developed an allergy to his semen? And if I am is there anything I can do about it to make it stop? This really sucks, isn't any fun, and I don't like it at all! He thinks I should try an antihistimine before sex but what if it's a skin reaction without an immune response? What am I supposed to do? ARGH!

One of my friends has to take a small dose of an antibiotic before she has sex. If she doesn't then she gets the same symptoms you described and even develops a urinary tract infections if she has sex frequently.

Her and her BF were both checked out- they don't have any STD's or anything to be concerned about- but she went to a urologist and after much testing they concluded that her body is very intolerant to any outside bacteria. Sex without a condom guarentees a small bacteria exchange between 2 partners.....While the majoirty of people are not affected, some people are ultra sensitive to bacteria and their bodies have a reaction to it after sex.

Definitly tell your doctor about it- you want to rule out everything else.

BellaDonna

There are a few woman whom will have reactions to sperm, as it changes the balance inside their vagina.

You may want to talk to your OB/GYN about it, it is possible that using condoms may reduce this reaction too.

Maybe also TRY popping an antihistamine one time before sex, one that's good for skin reactions like Chlor-Tripolyn, and see if you get the same result. That may help narrow it down a bit at least, so you can pass that information on to your OB/GYN.