Is it wrong to call at work

So my exboyfriend and I have been broken up for a little over 3 monthes. We had a pretty intense breakup too. Around November I started dating someone a little bit and he found out. He was totally livid, said he never wanted to talk to me again and hated me etc etc (he broke up with me and told me to start dating though!) and he changed his cell phone number.

What I was wondering, is that he and I were really close when we were together, and I used to call him at work frequently. I still remember his work number, but is it inappropriate for me to call him there? I just really want to talk to him, I miss him and want him to be there in my life. I just don't know if it's been long enough for him to have settled down (over a month since he switched his number) and want to hear from me. He is very stubborn and wound never call me because he fears my reaction.

Thanks

I didn't hurt him. He told me to move on and that he could never give me what I needed. Everyday he told me that. So I tried seeing someone else, but my ex found out. My ex will never know that it was a mistake and he thinks I moved on and forgot about him so fast. I love him and was only trying to ease my pain. I don't know how he found out about the other guy, but it's nobody in either of our circle of friends so I feel like he must've been checking my emails or something.

You didn't tell him that you were seeing another guy, and he had to find out from somewhere else. That must have hurt him.

Yes, he told you to move on - but that is what they all say!

If he said "Please, don't move on because I love you" I don't think you would have taken it very well...

He was hurt by your actions. Whether they were justified or not.

why not give it a shot? try calling him at work if you want.. i mean what's the worst that could happen? ya he might get pissed, but then again he might not. Just tell him everything you feel, and how you still care about him. I don't think he has the right to be mad at you over dating a guy if he told you to start dating other people after the breakup. Maybe you could work things out. Goodluck

It's nice of you that you still want to call him and talk things out. But honestly, he was the one who overreacted to what you had to say. You only did what was naturally, you moved on and found someone else as he wanted you do to. That was out of his own insecurities and issues, not so much about you. I wouldn't call at work, but sending an email would be ok if you still want to try and be friends. Just don't feel bad if he doesn't respond. It isn't about you, its probably because he feels bad about what happened himself and doesn't know how to deal with it.