what exactly is pity sex?

samsoner

I've never had 'pity sex'. I've heard of people who have though and from what I understand it's having sex with someone not purely out of attraction but moreso because they want sex, so do you and you think why the hell not fulfill their needs as well as mine. The problem is, usually one person will probably have feelings, while the other is just taking advantage of that to get sex. Another problem is that if one of the people aren't aware that they're a 'sympathy shag' it can cause a lot of problems down the track.

Personally, I can only have sex with someone I'm totally attracted to. No other reason. I'd hate for someone to have pity sex with me. I wouldn't let it happen. I want them to be attracted to me and vice versa.

I'd hazard a guess that it happens to more women than men.

Pity Sex.... I think of that episode of "sex and the city" where Miranda is hanging out with her friend (and ex-boyfriend) Steve. Steve just had his testicle removed due to cancer. He was having a moment of self-pity and said, "Who would want to sleep with a one-balled bartender?" She said, "I would." (And the rest is history.)

• 2 months later...

I think I would be more insulted than anything if I was on the receiving end of "pity sex". I know you may want sex, but at what cost, knowing the other person is only doing because they feel sorry for you. NO THANK YOU! And this is not personal attack against you, but I would never want to a man who would willing have pity sex, its just too pathetic.

• 5 weeks later...

its like with my friend

he said that hes still a virgin

so my other friend asked when he would like to have sex with her.

they were actually going to do it aswell.

they never did in the end.

but were going out around a month later.

so i guess then did then.