The pill-he came in me

Kimmikazi

I started the pill yesterday(Sunday)..which was the Sunday after my period had ended...it ended on the 22nd. On Sunday, my boyfriend came inside of me, with both of us thinking with ignorance that it'd be safe because I had just started the pill. Well, talking with a few girl friends of mine this morning(one which is 5 months pregnant)...I come to find out that the pill is not effective for a month after. I almost passed out, I rushed to my gyno and asked to speak with a nurse.

The nurse told me that because my period had just ended that my chances are much lower, and my boyfriend had mentioned the same thing. She also told me that they recommend that girls should wait a month and also use a 2nd form of contraception(which we DIDN'T)...

Now, I've been sexually active before, but never let either of the other men cum inside of me, so I'm not sure how my body will take it. I know some friends that have had guys do so, and they never got pregnant, but then again...my girl friend who's pregnant didn't get so lucky.

Does anyone know any percentages or how likely I am to get pregnant? I've never been so scared in my entire life....I am only 20 years old, and my boyfriend is 23...we're still working hard and getting through school...we both know we couldn't raise a child just yet. He's a great guy and I know he'll be supportive through everything. Today he jept promising me that things will be alright, no matter what..trying to comfort me...I just know that I won't feel secure for about another month when I find out the outcome.

Can anyone enlighten me a little bit on my chances etc?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Everyone's system is a bit different. On average a womans cycle is 28 days long. Day ONE starts the first day she bleeds. On day 12-14... she will OVULATE. This is when an egg is dropped. Sperm can live up to 48 hours inside you btw. Your most fertile time to get pregnant are during the time you ovulate.

Your chances of being pregant are very low. Listen to your dr/nurse. Relax. You'll get yourself in a tizzy and then miss your period or be late.. and be really freaking. Have been in your shoes.. a few times.. and I'd count that calendar and count it and count it again. So, I know where you are coming from.

RELAX. RELAX RELAX.

Use condoms for the duration of the month. And RELAX. I can't stress that enough. You will be ok. And I am glad your BF is there trying to reassure you and taking responsibility. Its a good sign.

Thanks a lot...I'm feeling slightly better about it all.

...I am semi regular....I'll be on time for 2 or 3 months, and then be way off...I also bleed very heavy and have major problems with cramps etc. Ended up in the hospital 2 months ago and actually was admitted for 3 days with morphine etc. This is the primary reason why I was put on the pill to begin with...to regulate my period so that way this will be lightened a bit hopefully..