excellent low-cost christmas gift ideas for a female friend

sfboi415

Hi, I just got off from a long period of work and now I'm scrambling to buy something for one of my friends, whom I really really like. I was thinking about a gift that communicates: "Merry Christmas To Someone Who "Might" Be Interested In Being More Than A Friend"

However a part of me feels that we should just stay as friends. I plan to go out with her for a dinner (but not a movie) and this time it will be only the two of us. I also believe the gift should be neutral and not convey a message when my own actions or speech will convey the message.

Any advice on the perfect gift and leaping/not leaping to the next step? I'd hate to go out with her and accomplish nothing.

Thanks

Is there such a gift??. Well I would say boring old chocolates. Its a classic and can be taken on both levels. But that alone seems too cheap and unoriginal. This really is a hard one. BTW thanks for reminding me I need to do my christmass shopping

Erm show alot of thought in the gift you choose BUT don't highlight the fact how you put soo much thought into it, and she should pick up on the fact(giving you more of a chance with her). What are her interests??? That could help us choose a more suitable gift.

I agree with ravens_folly and monettlisa, something small, practical, and shows that you paid attention to something about her and what she might like. Best gifts aren't about what you actually get, its about thinking about the person and showing you care.

hahaha thats what I said, why do they get all the credit lol (only kidding im not really bothered).

But as I said (and raven), get something to do with her interests.

I'd go with a season of a TV show she likes (assuming she's missing that season.) Finding a good gift for someone is pretty hard but something practical and useful like a season of a favorite show is never offensive to a just-friends friend, and a potential excuse to hang out for 20 some hours for someone who's interested in being more than just friends.

How about a Gift Certificate to a book store. Its impersonal and small. She can choose something for herself. Or maybe a Christmas CD..

Like... Trans-Siberian Orhcestra.. awesome christmas cd.. and inexpensive.

Well that sort of gift is all about monatry value and has no thought in it. And as he wants to get to "the next level" I dont think that is anywere near the way forward. To me that would just come accross as a lack of effort.

Wool hats are nice. However, I found my wife, former best friend by getting her a dildo fist. She likes to use it on her and then me. We take turns. Gettin fisty in the windy city.

Riiiight ok then every man to their own lol. I DON'T suggest a dildo lol.

Not too sure about this suggestion, but erm why dont you take her to the theatre or something. I have been their with friends and also on a date. So it can go both ways. What do you lot think?? but I suppose at christmas times tickets cos like up to and over $80 each. (im english so not 100% sure).

I'd go with a season of a TV show she likes (assuming she's missing that season.) Finding a good gift for someone is pretty hard but something practical and useful like a season of a favorite show is never offensive to a just-friends friend, and a potential excuse to hang out for 20 some hours for someone who's interested in being more than just friends.

I quite like this idea I mean mention you like "the series" aswell, and who knows she may invite you to hers to watch it. Or mention in passing conversation "I gotta watch these aswell" but just don't make a big deal of it or keep mentioning it. Playing it suttle is the best way forward for now I think. Only problem I can see with that is that there so darn expensive for 1 series as theres usualy like 10 DVD or something.