thanks for the thought?

wee

how do i say thanks for the thought -- in a nice way.

background: a guy i am kind of dating sent the narnia box set of a movie we saw together. he knows i'm not that into sci-fi type stuff (or whatever you call it). it's still a nice gesture, but i probably wont read it unless im really really bored, have tons of time, and have all my other "to read" books read.

i mean, he didn't need to get me anything at all... i know he was just looking for something i could relate to... how do i say thanks w/o lying?

I think he was really trying to be considerate and thoughtful!

I would just say thank you very much for the gift, tell him it was very thoughtful, and leave it at that.

I don't like sci fi, and would not consider Chronicles of Narnia sci fi, have not seen movie so it may be more out there, but Narnia is a pretty big classic and well written...give it a chance! Lot of metaphors and suggested allegories in them for other things, which makes them even more interesting.

Narnia would be classified as fantasy, not sci-fi. But if you liked the movie, give the books a try. There is a reason it is a classic, has lasted for so long, and was made into a movie.

Don't knock science fiction and fantasy. Too often it gets stereotyped. It really deals with important and deep questions, just puts them on a larger, generally futuristic scale.

Browsing through my new book "The Quotable Star Trek" you'll find it tells with everything you can imagine, including: the human condition, making sense of the universe, good and evil, theology and faith, love, family, friendship, justice, politics, humor, fear and prejudices, business, and more.

Otherwise, just say thank you. It's like any other gift you get but don't like, just be courteous and polite.

>>>Don't knock science fiction and fantasy. Too often it gets stereotyped.

it's not about the book. it's about the situation. he knew i didn't like the movie/that type of stuff. so, it seems kind of odd to act excited about it. like they said. i stuck with the simple thanku... nice guy/nice thought

later,

a chick lit girl