what do you think?

when people ask how you met him what do you say? does it bother you you met him over the internet?

I have a problem with this, I met this guy online, he is amazing. We both enjoy similar things. However If I meet up with him and we get serious, I'l feel alittle strange telling people I met him over the internet. We have been talking for a very long time now.

I've fallen in love with fluffy_girdlebuns we are getting engaged officially on February 18th on her birthday in her homeland of Australia. I'm proposing to her properly on bended knee with the ring although I'd already proposed on the telephone in October.

She's made me the happiest woman in the whole world!

no problem. if people want to know where you met, you dont exactly have to say the internet? how did you get his screen name? did a friend give it to you. off of myspace or a forum or something? if so.. you could just say.. ' through a friend ' but more then likely most people that will ask, have also met someone off the internet. if you to are happy together then there is no reason to be embarrassed or anything by saying that you met on the internet! thats what its for!

but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure that when you meet him for the first time it is in a very public place or take a friend with you. sometimes you've got to be careful. people can misrepresent themselves.

also a tip that i've learned. keep a cell phone on you. in a pocket where it cant be seen, and on silent or vibrate, it really helped a friend of mine one time when she met up with a guy and he was trying to get rough with her and even tried to rape her. he did not know about the cell phone and she called the police and it saved her.

but im not saying your guy is like this. only tips to help others be safe.

i always hear peoples negative opinions on whether or not an internet relationship is indeed a real relationship.

a relationship isn't just sex and physical touching, it's a mental bond and getitng to one one another intimately( no pun intended) and the internet is a wonderful place for that because people feel more comfortable on here and usually are more able to feel open with others. so yes, i think it's just like any other relationship. you'll have your hard times, you'll have your good times. but it's the same thing

In my view the internet is a good tool for meeting people, but a long, drawn-out internet relationship without having met in real life is just that: an internet relationship and not a real life relationship.

There are things about a person you cannot know by IMs, phone and webcams. You have to see how the person is in real life, how they live, what they do with their time, how they act around family and friends and all of that which you really cannot tell very well at all over the web or phone.

So by all means use the internet to meet people. But having a long-drawn out, emotionally involved internet relationship with someone you've never met in real life is taking a risk ... doesn't mean it won't work out when you eventually do meet in real life, but it's pretty risky to commit emotionally before you do meet in real life because there are things about that person that you've had no way to get to know yet.