Mixed Signals

I was just about to suggest you also date other people. Good for you, this should help you relax a bit more with the ex...I hope.

No, you don't want to be just friends and that's why you should not be so available. Let her wonder why you can't go out this time... or next time. Let her miss you. That way if she wants your attention 100% she will ge it through her head that she better get you back. Also knowing ( or wondering if) you have other options can't hurt. She dumped you, she gave you those options. Know what I'm saying?

Ok I'm gonna tell you a little story now.

I had this one friend a few years back. He had bought a house with his girlfriend and shortly after that she broke up with him and moved out. He was a good guy, so I think she moved because she was having trouble adjusting to living with him...something like that.

About a month later, it was Father's day and he invited me up there with my kids for a BBQ. I knew he liked me, we had dated before, but we had never been "involved" with each other. We were just really good friends at that point.

While I was there we started messing around on the computer. One of his friends, who knows me and is also friends with his ex girlfriend, came online. I told him to tell her that I was over at his place for a cook out. He did. About a week later I called him and found out that the ex gf had contacted him that week and they were getting back together. I can bet money I had something to do with that. 5 months later they were married.

Sometimes you gotta rock the boat a bit .......

Thanks Annie, I'm old-er and full of stories

She pictured me in HER house with her man... I think that alone might have done it.

I should add that I was extremely happy for him because I knew he loved her and was missing her alot. He was the settling down kinda man...was a shame he was alone.

UPDATE!

Today I went snowboarding with my ex. It was the first time we have hung out for a long period of time since we broke up (other than an hour long walk last week). Things went really well. We had a lot of fun together. There was no talk about our relationship or feelings or anything though. Any advice for me on what I can do next?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I'm going on a date with another girl tonight. Good idea or bad idea??

I know what you mean

it's very difficult to choose.

Follow your heart man, for sure.

I was with a new girl, and I stopped it with her because I still felt things for my ex, and I didn't feel it working out.

I don't know if my ex and I will ever come back, but I do know, what ever is suppose to happen, will happen.

The road to happiness may not be bright and cheerful itself.. but that's part of the experience.