i just love him as a friend?

loll im gonna ask a question sort of about love. okay so thers this guy who ive been friends with for a pretty long time...about a year. but its been really intense...like we've gotten relaly close. hes been super caring, super sweet, i mean just an amazing guy. recently we ended up fooling around for the first time (he ended up stroking me). and it was arite but it felt awkward. that day we talked online and were like we just got carried away (i agreeed). i told him i hoped it wouldnt hurt the friendship. anyways...so time passed we're still pretty close but now hes turned into this somewhat of a jerk and when he is nice its in a very flirty way and hes very touchy with me and now its like because he sort of got that far with me now thats all he sees. and alot of my guy friends who have liked me, after i rejected them they became jerks. and this guy i didnt reject or anything but its gotten totally ruined. the thing is i really like him...alot. sometimes ifeel im in love with him. but the kiss sucked lol. and it makes me wonder if i just love him as a friend. im soo confused help!

It seems that you really do care for him. If he started to act as a jerk after you to fooled around, than is he really a good friend anymore? I suggest if you still like him after all of this, than talk with him. Tell him how you feel and if he still doesn't feel the same way, look for a new friend. Good luck.

i was in a similar situation in highschool. really close and caring friendship with a gal and one night after a couple beers, we got a bit physical with eachother. the next day we talked about it and we agreed that things got carried away and it wouldnt happen again. well afterwards, whenever we hung out, we both felt really awkward around eachother. i wanted just a friendship with her and even though she said she felt the same, i think she wanted a lil more. I ended up being a bit of a jerk to her for a couple weeks because it was my way of sorta making some space between us, even though it was a bad way of doing it and I wish I had realized it back then. when we finally started being kool with eachother again, she told me that she got mixed feelings from me during our friendship and that was mostly my fault because I was a very caring friend and she most likely took my actions as something more.

i agree with the previous posters that maybe you are giving mixed signals and maybe he's confused and is acting out by being a jerk. I dunno...