Well it can certainly work. It is just made more difficult because of:

• Lack of money
  • Lack of time due to studying
  • Stress of the coursework
  • Temptations due to the social situations

If you can, I'd recommend waiting. Before you decide, you might want to try and talk to other married couples on campus and see how they fared.

IMHO, I think its a mistake. Going to college already has a lot of stress associated with it without adding the stress of marriage.

Also, I believe people change a lot after they graduate--they move to different parts of the country, start their careers, enter the "real world."

All these things can take its toll on a relationship. You might see that your priorities and focus have changed. Being in a relationship is in a way a nice security. Once you leave college, you might start to resent the cost of the security and want to explore your freedom fully.

Thats just my opinion, and I'm sure that lots of people who have gotten married while still in school have had a great marriage.

Guys can have low self esteem, low confidence or insecurity reasons also. A guy with a career in mind would definitely save the marriage stuff after he gets a good job, stable financial, and some assets.

College marriages is tough, save it for after graduatation ......that way you can enjoy marriaged to its fullest, and not have to worry about classes and stuff and stuff.

I have a friend who is getting married next month, he seems pretty sure of himself and sure about the reasons why he wants to get married. He's been dating his fiancée for a year. They're christians, and if they feel that God has put them together, and now is the time, nothing will hinder them or separate them.

Personally, if I met the right girl now, I'd wait until I graduated. I only have a year of college left anyway. It can be stressful to maintain a marriage and go to school full time. My advice is just to make sure if you were to get married that you have some financial support from family at least for the time being. But more importantly, do what feels right.

first comes marriage, then comes kids, if you are in college and trying to create a nice life for yourself remember do everything in its' turn. put your focus on what is important right now, like a career and maturing, there is plenty of time for marriage. marriage is huge and I think many people who do it early regret it, as you age you develop as a person and either of you might not be the same person in a few years, give it a chance and see what happens, no rush. enjoy each other without the marriage over your head.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that it makes sense to get married until you're DONE with college. What sense would marriage make while you're still studying, have little to no money, and no real chance to start your life until you're done school anyway?

If your relationship is meant to be, it will last through college and you'll be stronger for it. You will grow together, not apart.