Is kissing flirting?

Santa

It all depends on whether you were brought up that way!

My family always give each other kisses on the cheek to say hello and goodbye. Some of my friends do the same. It's a friendly gesture when you know someone well.

On the other hand it can be a sign that someone's interested in you and are flirting.

It can be a culture thing too!

to be quite honest, even if you're brought up that way, you need to be comfortable with the person. now perosnally i kiss people on the cheek when greeting them; my girls and my gay guy friend. i dont kiss my guy friends on the cheek despite the fact that IM VERY FLIRTATIOUS. so if someone is kissing you on the cheek to greet you, i would say it is a sign of flirting. however, do look for other signs before making any conclusions.

For me its a cultural thing. We kiss each other on the cheek. And we hug. And with people who I am really close to.. a peck on the lips. There may only be a handful of people in my circle like this.. but thats because I"m comfortable with it. No flirting. Just a cultural thing...just me. What exactly is your worry or concern?????

I kind of have to agree with goddess. I do with my girfriends and gay friends but not usually straight males. HOWEVER, I do know people who greet others like this. It's apparently the "posh" thing to do. I love it, it's fun and prissy. Hee he (it can be flirty, but in a completely harmless way) I also agree, if you don't feel comfortable, then don't do it. I can't really see people being offended or see them holding it against you.

I met a girl last night, who was gorgeous... She was a friend of a friend, and when she met me, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and also gave me a kiss goodbye.

At first I didn't think anything of this, because she's Polish and it may just be a custom for her... But I'm a straight, single male... Do you think she new this and was flirting a little?