complimenting

Caterina

What does it mean if a guy compliments you. This guy said I had a pretty face, what does that mean? If I am slightly interested in him, what should I do? Also, it was done on a forum of this club that I am a member of. I don't actually see him in real life, although he lives close to me.

What does it mean if a guy compliments you. This guy said I had a pretty face, what does that mean? If I am slightly interested in him, what should I do? Also, it was done on a forum of this club that I am a member of. I don't actually see him in real life, although he lives close to me.

Just a wild guess, but I think he thinks you are pretty

Beyond that, I could not tell you...because someone can think you are pretty not be interested any further.

Have you ever met him in person? Why don't you start talking to him and arrange to meet in real life? You can't tell what is there until you meet in person.

Yeah, I have met him in real life before. The first time I met him, I thought of him as being attractive. This is pretty rare for me. Anyways, I don't really know much about his personality other then what I have heard through mutual friends...which is ambiguous. My brother told me to never show that I am interested in the beggining, because that turns guys off? Why do you say it means he thinks that I am pretty? He only said it about my face.

Yeah, I have met him in real life before. The first time I met him, I thought of him as being attractive. This is pretty rare for me. Anyways, I don't really know much about his personality other then what I have heard through mutual friends...which is ambiguous. My brother told me to never show that I am interested in the beggining, because that turns guys off? Why do you say it means he thinks that I am pretty? He only said it about my face.

I honestly don't know, all I know is it means he thinks you are pretty. As to what else, I have no idea!

Well, you have to show SOME interest, otherwise they may not bother pursuing. We are attracted to people who make us FEEL good. However, the key is to not go overboard with it.

You can't just sit around waiting for everyone else to make the moves, you need to do some work, just do it in a more subtle way if possible.

I don't know anything about this guy or his intentions, but if he is not a player, then it took some courage for him to say that. I say that you should not worry about the games and be yourself. Maybe a mutual friend could tell him that you thought he was nice and he will ask you out. I agree that you can't be all over him, but if you show some interest he might be more comfortable and ask you out. I have found in the past that if a woman I thought was attractive told other people that she was interested, it just made me more interested and she got that more attractive. That's just me and I am not a typical guy, but just know most guys will not be there for very long, if they feel a woman is not interested. If you think he is attractive, make the effort to get to know him. You have nothing to lose.

Robert

Hi Caterina

Perhaps he just does think you are a pretty girl. There are levels of attraction - you can find someone good looking without having any further intentions and you can tell them so. I guess it depends on this guy's personality - if he is used to talking to girls and being around them then its less likely there is anything behind his comment. If he is a shyer guy then it might be his way of letting you know he likes you.

It's not a bad thing to be interested in someone you don't know much about - because by being interested you find out more about them - and then you make a decision about whether they'd be good for you.

Play it cool and see what happens - but if you're interested try to find a way of letting him know.

a. He thinks you are attractive.

b. He is a a player and wants in your pants.

Only you can decide what type of guy he is though.

As for not showing interest in guys...I've had good and bad things using this method. It can backfire on you! It also may not work on certain guys. I mean...yeah. I think what he means is do not act desperate! Act interested of course...but not overly.

I think I understand what your brother is saying (don't chase), but if you don't show any interest, how's the guy supposed to know how you feel? I don't recommend declaring any feelings , but it never hurts to flirt! For instance you could have said in response to his compliment "You're not so bad looking yourself..."

The good news is since you seem to regularly communicate online, you have plenty of opportunities to flirt that are less daunting. Give the guy a chance to know you: Say Hi, ask him how things are going, be open to having fun, and throw in a lot of emoticons. Hopefully he'll get the hint!