Ex's life is crazy, why do I still want to be with him?

Hi Everyone,

I've posted a few times but in a nutshell I dated a guy going through a divorce for six months. We both acknowledged our relationship was too good to be true but as he moved further away for a job and spent less time with his 2 kids something had to give and that was me. He was really confused and said he needed to just be on his own. I never thought I'd ever get involved with a guy in that situation but he was so sweet and nice and we just clicked. So after 2 months N/C we finally talked 2 weeks ago and he said he got fired from his new job already! At first it sort of made me feel better knowing why would I want to be involved with someone that has so much stuff to deal with in his life right now - I wouldn't want that burden on me. But deep down my heart still feels something and I definitley miss him. I guess maybe I'm still not over him and not thinking normal for any rightminded girl would not get involved with him at this point in his life - sucks that he is so charming - those guys get to me all the time! My friends and family would think I was nuts to ever get back together with him for someone in his state. But I just want a second chance after things in his life calm down to see if there was anything there. I'm stupid for feeling like this, I know I should just move on but I often wonder what if?

Don't we all wonder what if? I understand what you are going through, men can be charming and sometimes as women we hope for too much because we want the dream. Sometimes when men are going through a lot of stuff they hang on to something that gives them some comfort and can and will do anything to hold onto hope. What I think you need to do is let him get his life straight first and if he still wants to pursue a relationship and it's meant to be, it will.