I had a wonderful weekend with this guy I like, but.........

Ok, So this weekend I went to a concert with a couple of my friends, including this guy I like SO much!

Ok, He's my "mr. perfect" if i've ever met one. He's basically everything I want in a guy. He's handsom, nice, sweet, outgoing, musical (he's in a very popular band in OKC, he plays the guitar, mandalin, and piano), he's funny, and he even offered to pay for my food and my gas money. The thing is, my friend told him that I really liked him, and he told her that he likes me alot to, and if i was older, he'd date me. Thats whats bugging me, I've pretty much given up the thought of us ever getting together, atleast for a couple years, but he's only 2 years older than me, so thats why I don't understand, and i'll be 16 in a few weeks. He's just got me so confused. But on the bright side of things, he keeps asking me when my 16 th birthday is and he talks to me alot. And he basically shows all the signs of major flirting, yet he doesn't want to go out. He's just so confusing....I wana talk to him about it, and the possibility but i'm scared of what might happen. Its just a bittersweet thing being around him, he's everything i could want in a guy, but the phrase "he's my prince charmingm, but i'm not his cinderella" comes in. And Its almost heartbreaking. Ya, i know i'm a little young to be liking someone this much, but if you met him, you would probably feel the same way. You can't help but like this guy. I just need help, what do i do?

Well, one thing you shouldn't do is hold out until you're at an age that "suits him" unless that time is right around the corner. He feels you're too young for him but admits he reciprocates the feelings you have for him. I'd say be grateful for that last part because it doesn't happen as often as we'd like. If it won't work out for you two to date, then that's just the way it is.

Another thing I'd like to add is that you and he should have a conversation about your feelings. It's great that your friend told him and he told her how he felt but these are things that should be discussed person to person rather than through a third party.