Hi. Im new to the forum but have been reading it for a while and have realised you people are great on giving advice on tricky situations!

Well my situation is kind of long so im sorry if it bores u.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who i love a lot, but its a long distance relationship and i have not saw him for about 3 months. Its hard, but i really like him and want to make it work with him. We haven't really spoke much lately, i guess we both have a lot going on. But when we do speak its great, we get on amazingly well, like best friends and i love him a lot. This is where my predicament begins.

There is a boy in my school, who, to be honest, is a bit weird. I guess its because he's been rejected a lot by most girls and is really harsh on himself. He is a very friendly person though and we get along well together. Yesterday, he told me he likes me. I don't exactly think i like him as more as a friend, but we get on well together. I told him that me and my boyfriend haven't spoke for a while. The boy from my school says i deserve better, and told me to break up with my boyfriend and see how things progress with him (the school boy). I just don't know what to do! I like him but i'm not sure that i like him as more than a friend. And i love my boyfriend to bits but it's hard with him being so far away. I don't want to hurt anyone but i don't know what to do! Anyone got any ideas? They would be greatly appriciated! (sorry for any typos by the way, not very good at typing!) Thanks for reading this!

I have a wonderful boyfriend who i love a lot, but its a long distance relationship and i have not saw him for about 3 months. Its hard, but i really like him and want to make it work with him. We haven't really spoke much lately, i guess we both have a lot going on.

I am making an assumption this is a HS relationship. Long Distance relationships are tough at best... but at your age.. hmmmm. 3 months is a long time. Maybe you've wondered into ... just FRIENDS territory???

There is a boy in my school, who, to be honest, is a bit weird. I guess its because he's been rejected a lot by most girls and is really harsh on himself. He is a very friendly person though and we get along well together. Yesterday, he told me he likes me. I don't exactly think i like him as more as a friend, but we get on well together.

Weird is not bad. Weird just means not within the bell curve. hmm. Let me tell you what. By the time you graduate... it won't matter who was the most popular, the most beautiful. Those things don't win you brownie points in the real world. So you get along well together. Well thats good. You've made a new friend. And he likes you. Very good. And you like him.. but as a friend... OKKKKKK... so the problem is???

I told him that me and my boyfriend haven't spoke for a while. The boy from my school says i deserve better, and told me to break up with my boyfriend and see how things progress with him (the school boy).
hmmmm... well... boyfriend number one is really kind of out of the picture. And what kind of relationship is that??? You're in HS right now. You should be going out and having fun. This is the time to explore and flex your relationship skills. Distance makes that difficult. IF.. you feel you arn't getting the type of relationship... attention.. love you need from BF no. 1 then talk to him. Keep it friendly. Stay friends. Its all good. He may be looking for a way to break it with you...but also doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Talk to him.

I just don't know what to do! I like him but i'm not sure that i like him as more than a friend.

Did you tell him that???? Did you tell him that you'd go out with him and hang with him as a friend... and maybe thats it???? Sounds like you'd explore this relationship or possiblity more if it weren't for BF #1... doesn't it. I mean..if it wasn't for BF#1... would you go out with guy at schoo? YEP. Most probably. Thats why you are hedging your bets.

You think that long distance BF is a sure thing. School Boy, not a sure thing. Well.. let me tell you... NOTHING is a sure thing. But you shouldn't lock yourself in right now. Your a young lady. You are free and young..and full of energy and spirit... why shouldn't you go on dates and explore the possiblities. Sure beats sitting at home every weekend for 3 months. And if you are lucky... you wind up with TWO GOOD friends at the end of all of this.

My advice for you is to play the field. Talk to BF #1 and be honest. Don't need to hurt him by telling him about Boy #2. But tell hm. Look... I haven't seen you in 3 months. And my weekends are lonely. These are the BEST years of my HS life...and I feel like I"m waiting. Can we just be friends and try dating other people. To be fair to the both of you.

With School boy... tell him. You enjoy his company.. and his LOL.. .weirdness.. hey don't knock weird.. all the genius's of the world are said to be weird and don't fit the mold. Tell him that you would like to go out with him....but keep it friendly. As friends. And yeah.. progress from there. Keep him in check though... by being honest.. you've set your boundaries..and everyone is on the same page.